Arrived Visa Exempt. When is last day to apply for extension?

Like mentioned above, the day of your permission to stay. But you can apply before and your covid extension should start at the end of your permission to stay anyway. No need to wait until the last minute and miss it for whatever reason (it happens...). 

The same goes if you apply for 30 days extension

Edited by BKKTRAVELER
  • Thanks 1

Can you actually apply for a covid extension after coming in on visa exempt?  It seems kind of weird that someone just got here and they're immediately saying they can't go home due to covid.

I know this is Thailand and what the form says and the reality are rarely the same, it just seems kind of funny.

6 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Can you actually apply for a covid extension after coming in on visa exempt?  It seems kind of weird that someone just got here and they're immediately saying they can't go home due to covid.

I know this is Thailand and what the form says and the reality are rarely the same, it just seems kind of funny.

Indeed, I am not sure about this point as well.

10 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Can you actually apply for a covid extension after coming in on visa exempt?

Yes. But depending on the immigration office, they might make you apply for the regular 30-day extension first.

• Like 1

Do not apply for your extension on last day of your permission of stay. Apply early perhaps a week.

Most (if not all) immigration offices will required you to obtain your 30 day extension. After that you can apply for 60 day covid extension.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BillyBobzTeeth said:

could you tell me when is the last day I can apply for 30 day or 60 day covid extension?

Just for completeness (do not actually risk this) if your permission to stay ends on a weekend or public holiday, you can without penalty apply for the extension on the first day immigration is open after expiry of your permission to stay.

• Thanks 1