What is procedure to get re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi?

I am on non O-A (retirement) and planning to go abroad soon. What is it like getting a reentry at Suvarnabhumi? What are requirements and now long does it take? Where is the office? I’ve only gotten re-entries at CW before.

There is no way to get a re-entry after you’ve gone abroad, correct?

I guess this has been covered before, but I could not find in search.

Thanks for your advice.

Same requirements as getting one at a immigration office. But no need for a TM8 form, passport copies and a photo if you pay a 250 baht service charge.

The re-entry permit desk is after security before the departure immigration desks in departure zone 2.

You have to get one before departure from the country. There is no place to get one outside the country.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Same requirements as getting one at a immigration office. But no need for a TM8 form, passport copies and a photo if you pay a 250 baht service charge.

The re-entry permit desk is after security before the departure immigration desks in departure zone 2.

You have to get one before departure from the country. There is no place to get one outside the country.

The 250 service charge -- that's so that they fill out the form, make copies, take photo for you? And on top of the regular re-entry permit fee if get at CW (1,000 single/3,800 multlple)?

How much time should I allot to this at airport? Usually what's the queue like? And it's open whenever airport is?

Thank you for your help.

35 minutes ago, david_je said:

The 250 service charge -- that's so that they fill out the form, make copies, take photo for you? And on top of the regular re-entry permit fee if get at CW (1,000 single/3,800 multlple)?

How much time should I allot to this at airport? Usually what's the queue like? And it's open whenever airport is?

Thank you for your help.

They do everything for you for 250 baht charge that is in addition to the normal fee.

The amount of time it takes can vary dependent upon how busy the are but normally it only take 15 or 20 minutes at the most.

i was open 24 hours a day before but now it may be only when they have flights departing.

Obtained a re-entry permit at the airport in December:

Go through Immigration as normal, tell of the officer you want a re-entry permit. 

You will be directed to the separate re-entry permit counter. 

It took about 5 mins, no one in front of me. 

The timing obviously depends on how many people are in front of you in the queue (if any).

Cost: 4000 baht (Multiple Re-entry permit 3,800 baht + 200 baht service fee)

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Go through Immigration as normal, tell of the officer you want a re-entry permit. 

You will be directed to the separate re-entry permit counter. 

The desk is before immigration in zone 2 at Suvarnabhumi airport. Which zone did you use?

At Don Muang it is after immigration.

1 hour ago, clivebaxter said:

I'd never trust them to be open when I was there

I didn't think about that possibility. I guess if they are not open at that time for any reason, then you have no recourse, your visa/extension is nullified, correct?

14 minutes ago, peterdwje2 said:

I didn't think about that possibility. I guess if they are not open at that time for any reason, then you have no recourse, your visa/extension is nullified, correct?

If there are flights they will be open.

If you even find it unattended just bring it to attention of airport staff and no problem.

16 minutes ago, peterdwje2 said:

I guess if they are not open at that time for any reason, then you have no recourse, your visa/extension is nullified, correct?

I don't recall any reports about a person no being able to get their re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi.