First million doses of China’s Sinopharm vaccine arrive in Thailand

webfact

Sinopharm-first-lot-1.jpg

The first one million doses of Sinopharm vaccine, procured by the Chulabhorn Royal Academy (CRA), have arrived in Bangkok Sunday from Beijing, China, said CRA Secretary-General Dr. Nithi Mahanonda in his Facebook post.

The vaccine will be sent to the Medical Sciences Department for tests of its efficacy and safety, which will take two days to complete, after which they will be distributed to the hospitals chosen by the CRA to administer the vaccinations, which start this Friday, he added.

Sinopharm is the first alternative vaccine, besides Sinovac and AstraZeneca, to arrive in Thailand. Like Sinovac, which is also produced in China, Sinopharm is an inactivated virus vaccine, already approved by the World Health Organization for emergency use.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/first-million-doses-of-chinas-sinopharm-vaccine-arrive-in-thailand-today/

Logo-top-.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Might as well inject saline water for the same effect.. and who will guarantee that this concoction will even work and not harm your body huh?...

Saline water is tried and tested and very safe. 

"So far, the CRA has already received purchase applications from 14,634 organizations, covering 4,545,272 people. Organizations that have already submitted their applications are not allowed to amend the quantity of doses they have ordered under any circumstances."

So 1 MM doses for 500,000 people.  The other 4 MM get a slip of paper I guess?

Should cover the ~ 71,000 ThaiBev employees and family.

1 minute ago, Happyman567 said:

This is the vaccine i am getting

You're getting Sinopharm? Are you sure?

When?

Maybe you are getting Sinovac?

2 minutes ago, Happyman567 said:

My son lives in China and he reckons its pretty good

Well that's good enough for me.

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

So, yeah, this is an outstanding achievement by the Academy.

Yeah, there's a "reason" for this "achievement". 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

You're getting Sinopharm? Are you sure?

When?

Maybe you are getting Sinovac?

Well that's good enough for me.

Yeah, there's a "reason" for this "achievement". 

Look i just told you what i am getting You are a big boy  I am sure you can make up your own mind ok and also i trust my son ok

18 minutes ago, Happyman567 said:

When it become available

How would u like me to answer that 

Ah, OK. This is your aspiration.

I assumed you had an appointment in hand.

I don't think you are ever going to be able to get Sinopharm. There are 4.5 MM people (so 9 MM doses) ahead of you, and just 1 MM ordered and delivered.

But I do respect someone who knows what they want.

• Haha 1

This is bad news. It is a junk vaccine, and appears to be about as effective as a placebo. Sinojunk is to be avoided, at all costs, yet the nation continues to reach for the bottom of the barrel, misguided under Prayuth the lesser. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is bad news. It is a junk vaccine, and appears to be about as effective as a placebo. Sinojunk is to be avoided, at all costs, yet the nation continues to reach for the bottom of the barrel, misguided under Prayuth the lesser. 

Others who want it will be delighted that you opt out. Ultimate sacrifice or naivety.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

So 1 MM doses for 500,000 people.  The other 4 MM get a slip of paper I guess?

Has 'MM' become a standard abbreviation for a million now? When did that happen and where does the extra 'M' come from?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

And let's say, you get this vaccine, is it recognised in other countries and would you be able to travel without quarantine?

Which particular country or countries you got in mind to travel. Each country has their own designated green, orange and red zones with different exemptions. 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The vaccine will be sent to the Medical Sciences Department for tests of its efficacy and safety, which will take two days to complete

wow 2 years refined down to 2 days

Thailand the new Efficacy Hub of the world, there's no holding them back is there

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, khunjeff said:

I don't know what exactly they're doing - just checking the labels and paperwork, or analyzing random vials to confirm that they really contain Sinopharm - but there is certainly no way that they are doing "tests of...efficacy and safety" in two days.

Checking the expiration date?

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Others who want it will be delighted that you opt out. Ultimate sacrifice or naivety.

Neither. Just wisdom. Gonna wait for the Moderna or Pfizer. Sorry. Don't wanna inject ineffective junk into my veins. Alot of people feel the same way. 

Just because a nearly useless administration decides to embrace bottom of the barrel policies, does not mean we need to go along with such dumb, stingy, brain dead, non visionary, and ignorant policy. 

Edited by spidermike007

This is not to be confused with the junk vaccine "Sinovac", this is another China made junk vaccine called Sinopharm 

However, increases in COVID-19 cases do appear to have been particularly apparent in countries using the Sinopharm jab. The Seychelles witnessed a notable spike, despite (at the time of reporting) over 60% of the country having had two doses. The initial vaccine used in the Seychelles was Sinopharm’s, along with additional use of AstraZeneca’s. It was reported that around one-third of new cases were in fully vaccinated people. Similar scenarios have been seen elsewhere, including in Chile, Bahrain and Uruguay.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Happyman567 said:

This is the vaccine i am getting My son lives in China and he reckons its pretty good Hardly no side effects So the choice is there folks Choose one or none up to you 

Absolutely. 80pc efficacy after 2 jabs and because it is deactivated and so weak very few side effects.

Just wish I knew how and where to get it!

• Like 1