Thai Interior Ministry U-turns on special vaccine quota for ThaiBev’s employees

webfact

4 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

sorry, have to wait right after we vaccinate all prisoners

So that is where you get vaccinated?

I must admit to me this is a small dilemma,have to think about this.

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Bare faced nepotism and graft. 

And of course, no repercussions or disciplinary action for those involved. 

Anddddd - This is Thailand.  ????

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Disgraceful, but entirely consistent with Thai culture.

even though the instruction is rescinded, every recipient knows what is required and it will happen quietly anyway.

If it is consistent with thai culture, why is it disgraceful... ????????????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hotelbri said:

If it is consistent with thai culture, why is it disgraceful... ????????????

you would need to look at yourself in the mirror and answer that question. 

my 13 year old daughter would, I hope, come up with the right answer as to why it is disgraceful that a well to do and connected family not only seeks special treatment for its employees, but gets it.

keep thinking about it and perhaps you will as well.

if your post was simply to bait, you achieved that, but made yourself look rather foolish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

An inflammatory speculative post has been removed:

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site. 

All disgusting corruption in favour of companies that bankrolled the government in the last elections and are preparing to do the same again.  This is just one that got caught jumping the queue to snaffle up supplies bought with taxpayers' cash so that more vulnerable people have to wait longer.  There are many others and one can be sure that Thai Bev has been assured that they will get the vaccines in a week or two once the fuss has died down.  Thai Bev is a good one to focus on because they are not producing any essential products for the nation.  I see no reason why Thai Bev employees and their families shouldn't queue up with everyone else. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Bare faced nepotism and graft. 

And of course, no repercussions or disciplinary action for those involved. 

And stand by for all of that to get worse with the jail bird now effectively # 2, and seems to me having some power over the pm.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

its 43,201 employees and 28,244 family members

Hmmm... surely looks like these Sirivadhanabhakdis do have a lot of free time at hand to... uhm... proliferate. Even puts the Q'ing emperors and the old Ottoman sultans in their places.

Edited by Misterwhisper

4 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

ThaiBev is one of the major financial contributors for Palang Pracharat. So they asked the government for preferred treatment, as is expected. Then the story broke on "social"..., then the u-turn, also as expected.

Just another normal day.

Plus, does this family care one iota what the populace thinks?

What's your guess?

Can we see the order rescinding the previous order?

What is a Permanent Secretary? What's his authority? Is there a Minister to whom he reports? Did the Minister, if there is one, instruct the PS to issue the orders, or did he do it on his own authority?

In UK, a Permanent Secretary runs a Civil Service Department that advises Ministers and administers policy made by the Government. He has no authority to step outside the bounds of such policy once made.