Bangkok Immigration - Mandatory Appointments as of July 19, 2021

Noticed this Facebook post by Bangkok Immigration/Immigraiton Division 1, from earlier today, which appears to imply that for certain services, an appointment may be mandatory/required.

Immigration Division 1 only provide the services to those who book the queue online through our website‼️, according to the specified service type.(As picture attached)  
???? Starting from July 19th 2021 onwards
???? Queue Online of Immigration Division 1 http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/
????Note: For other services, you can walk-in as usual.

https://www.facebook.com/Bangkok-Immigration-กองบังคับการตรวจคนเข้าเมือง-1-กรุงเทพฯ-107493450791480/

197210407_351575386383284_2936850246738846099_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Interesting that they list Certificate of Residence under CW given that they are currently done at MTT.  Maybe that's changing back too.

That is for those on permanent residency. Note is also says endorsement that is only for them as well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Well there is nothing sent to my email address, neither in the inbox nor the junk mail folder, and no text received to the phone number provided.

What about the spam folder. Or is that what you are calling junk mail.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Interesting that they list Certificate of Residence under CW given that they are currently done at MTT.  Maybe that's changing back too.

Or the ever-so popular "misunderstanding".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, userabcd said:

So just made an online appointment for my 90 day report at MTT.

After filling it all in with the pertinent info requested and click finish it states to check your email inbox for the appointment receipt or text.

Well there is nothing sent to my email address, neither in the inbox nor the junk mail folder, and no text received to the phone number provided.

Make another appointment and take a screenshot of your booking after you click finish.

52 minutes ago, userabcd said:

So just made an online appointment for my 90 day report at MTT.

After filling it all in with the pertinent info requested and click finish it states to check your email inbox for the appointment receipt or text.

I got the email, booked in case online isn't working by the the time mine's due, but I need a residence certificate for driving licence renewal (provided DLTs stay open) too so may end up going anyway, particularly as it seems after making a report with a new passport some seem to be unable to use Online.  I didn't get any SMS though, didn't with my last appointment there either.

I am nonplussed at how they insist on having my email, and BTW who can remeber the mericfully scrapped biodata form they tried on, where they asked for your social media accounts, licesnse plate, freaking star sign, wether your girl had a brazilian, etc. 

They get rather annoyed if that email is not jotted down on the tired old annual begging application they cant be bothered updating to the 21st century in its 21st year, and that the termites will eat come the next rains.

SO WHY CAN'T THEY SEND US A DAMN EMAIL! 

Thailand - four point zilch.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, dsj said:

when you do an online appointment for 90 day reporting?What counter do you use at MTT as you have a drop down choice of counters A-1 to A-5

Pretty sure for appointment you are given B ticket #. When you get to the queue ticket desk you need to state that you have an appointment, and will be given B#. You basically walk straight in.

No appointment your given A# and your # is called at some point to file to desk entry and wait. The A# are called perhaps 10 at a time.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Pretty sure for appointment you are given B ticket #. When you get to the queue ticket desk you need to state that you have an appointment, and will be given B#. You basically walk straight in.

No appointment your given A# and your # is called at some point to file to desk entry and wait. The A# are called perhaps 10 at a time.

Thanks, when I did my last 90 day report I had an appointment and I did get directed to B counter number at the queue ticket desk.

1 minute ago, dsj said:

Thanks, when I did my last 90 day report I had an appointment and I did get directed to B counter number at the queue ticket desk.

I will be making appointment if I ever go in person again. I'm addicted to mail in reports every since my online method walked out on me.

Just a heads up for folk also obtaining a residence certificate after the 90 report.

Once you have done your 90 report you cannot go straight to desk for RC (located just behind B desks). You go back out to queue ticket lady and get a new ticket #. Don't worry after she gives you ticket go straight back to office. RC has no queue.

I used the appointment system last year and this year and found it a big improvement over showing up early and waiting around for hours, so in theory I don't have a problem with this idea. But I, like many people, normally get a reentry permit immediately after the new extension, and there is currently no way to book appointments for both extension and reentry on the same day - I wonder whether they plan to address this.

10 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

But I, like many people, normally get a reentry permit immediately after the new extension, and there is currently no way to book appointments for both extension and reentry on the same day - I wonder whether they plan to address this.

There have been reports of it taking about 15 minutes to get the re-entry permit since not many people are applying for them due to the covid 19 travel restrictions.

Re-entry permits have this appointment system but sure it is working now. Been hoping somebody would try it. Link: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/qrepsonline/online/queue/REPSAction.do?cmd=term

Edited by ubonjoe

1 hour ago, dsj said:

when you do an online appointment for 90 day reporting?What counter do you use at MTT as you have a drop down choice of counters A-1 to A-5

IME, it doesn't matter. Just choose one with a desired time-slot open. I think I chose A-3 recently, email said Counter B-1, with a unique booking number.

email comes from [email protected], and turns up in my Promotions tab in gmail.

Site has been reported as leaky.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/another-data-breach-info-leaked-on-bangkok-immigration-website

Saw a report that using the https link and accepting the warning may prevent the leak?

https://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

10 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

I used the appointment system last year and this year and found it a big improvement over showing up early and waiting around for hours, so in theory I don't have a problem with this idea. But I, like many people, normally get a reentry permit immediately after the new extension, and there is currently no way to book appointments for both extension and reentry on the same day - I wonder whether they plan to address this.

I mean you could:

book an appointment immediately after getting your ext stay, on your phone, or

walk over to the ticket desk, or re-entry permit area and ask if you can get a re-entry permit.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Just tried that address and got this.

Yes, that's why I said..

20 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

and accepting the warning may prevent the leak

Whether this prevent sthe leak is beyond my understanding, some smarter types indicated that it did.

YMMV.