60-days extension for Non-O holder feasible?

End of March I arrived on a Non-O visa (marriage-based), and now have to extend my residence permission. As expected, my application for a 1-year residence permit was rejected again for several reasons. What alternative options do I have now? Can I apply for a 60-day extension in this situation? That would give me the time to prepare an 800k-based application in two months).

What type of extension of stay did you apply for and what was the reason it was denied. There is no resident permission you and apply for.

At this time it is possible to apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension of stay.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

At this time it is possible to apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension of stay.

Ah, thanks a lot for the quick reply, ubonjoe. So I'll try this tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What type of extension of stay did you apply for and what was the reason it was denied.

Can't remember the official name for this, is it "retirement residence permit"? (400k-based). Each time I tried to apply for this 1-year residence permit during the last 8 years, the IOs point at an odd but legally perfectly correct remark about our surnames in our marriage certificate. It has never caused any problems when applying for a visa at the embassy. I'm wondering if the IOs just want me to try harder, e.g. to "create a nicely designed envelope with beautiful artwork in brownish colours" or something like this.

There is no resident permit other than what issued after applying for and being granted permanent residency.

It appears to be be a extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai since that is only extension that requires 400k baht in Thai bank for 2 months.

Where were you married at?

If married outside of Thailand you must register your foreign marriage at a Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry to apply for the extension of stay.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Where were you married at?

If married outside of Thailand you must register your foreign marriage at a Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry to apply for the extension of stay.

Alternatively if married in Thailand and there is a difference of spelling error on your marriage certificate as opposed to you or the wife's ID, then you can get this corrected at the Amphoe that issued your marriage certificate.

Is the error on the marriage certificate, or the ID your using?

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Nakdontree said:

. I'm wondering if the IOs just want me to try harder, e.g. to "create a nicely designed envelope with beautiful artwork in brownish colours" or something like this.

Your wondering incorrectly. The problem will be on your side of the fence. 

Read Ubonjoe and Tanoshi advice carefully.

An extension based on marriage to Thai has simple requirements that sounds like you do not understand.

In the meantime (until you sort things out) you could obtain a 60 day extension to visit wife or a 60 day covid extension.

Both have requirements. The latter very few.