health Insurance for a Thai person

1FinickyOne

best value in my recent broker competitive quotes for this was Thaivivart

I’m 65 & they offered 8 million cover per case for 90,000 baht annual cost.. and recommended by my long term first class insurance broker.

AIA were significantly more expensive ( remember they are BUPA ; never low cost....)

Both FWD and AIA are life insurance companies and the policies they offer are whole life policies and not straight health insurance policies. If your wife is looking for just health insurance, these policies might not be the most cost-effective as you would also be paying for an investment feature and life cover. 

Life insurance companies in Thailand rely mostly upon agents and banks to distribute their products, neither of which can give you competing quotes from different insurers or provide a commentary comparing quotes.  I'd suggest you seek out a good insurance broker and ask for assistance.

• Thanks 1

Have you not got public health insurance for your wife which costs around 440 baht a month?

I get that maybe you already have or don't want government insurance and prefer that your wife is treated privately, I am just stating an obvious alternative

• Thanks 1

Coverage under the universal scheme costs nothing.

Apparently his wife wants private insurance despite already having access to free health care.

OP for policy for a Thai I'd suggest April Thailand.

Be prepared for some "sticker shock", because so few Thais get private insurance the pool of insured people is small so premiums are  comparatively high and of course get more so with age.

• Thanks 1