Physicians urge for strict measures, no long holidays, before reopening Thailand

webfact

Impossible. One of the prerequisites calls for the government to define clear and effective measures to be put into practice to control and monitor infections and to make sure that all stakeholders will cooperate fully to improve the situation, which will build confidence among the public and tourists alike.  TIT

• Like 1

Fully agree another long holiday could be a disaster after surge of infections that now occurring after Songkran . Surely better to expedite vaccine programme as it appears vaccines presently give good protection and then open up cautiously 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

One of the prerequisites calls for the government to define clear and effective measures to be put into practice to control and monitor infections and to make sure that all stakeholders will cooperate fully to improve the situation, which will build confidence among the public and tourists alike.

Hasn't happened yet... can't see it changing.

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

What's worrying for Thailand is they now have 1436 people in serious condition. That's at least another 6 weeks of 30 a day deaths if they all cop it without even adding any more criticals.

Think it safe to say Thailand will be posting daily deaths of 25-30 for well over the next 120 days , unless something seriously changes in reporting or the vaccine roll out.

As long as they have the means to maintain a plethora of clergy and to build more and more temples, there is nothing to worry about.

still quite puzzled

"reopen to foreign visitors in 120 days, at a time when new COVID-19 infections are not slowing, "

1. reopening to fully vaccinated tourism.. are they safe?

Yes... can they infect others ? No - what is the issue here? Pure ignorance on the medical assurance that the vaccine is work.

Infection will slow when the vaccine vaccination program is in full swing. That is Thai concern and has nothing to do with fully vaccinated tourists arriving in Thailand.

the whole article does not make sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

this person is getting big salary to say something.. I guess he needs to justify his salary on few tidbit  medical knowledge about the world trend on the progress of the vaccination effort in other countries.  It is like the  Ostrich to sink its head in the sand to avoid listening 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, rupert the bear said:

umm what to say...eu uk usa are all weeks away from opening up and clearing their economies.not so here obviously and from what ive read and im hearing the china vacc gives low cover less than 50% ,people i know in hk wont use it,theyre scared of it.the drs here also state they think vaccs may not work on mutations ,i think that seems to indicate a lack of confidence in china vacc i could be mistaken but most people ive spoken with dont want it.the az pfizer and moderna shots seem to offer a lot more cover on new  and old strains.most importantly theres not enough vaccs and for us its complicated to get it.its a muddle of epic proportions.id like to get out shortly  but even thats not straightforward as the info on that changes so fast.i wanna go to southern europe,but what do we need to get there.dancng with the devil here,its all done on apps and phone computers,the stuff works sometimes but i m not very good at it and i dont like being trakked a la 1984.i just wanna walk in a place get a shot,pay for it,i was signed up with a private hospital but the govt stopped that way out,why thats insane?people can get cover ,that helps the overall situation and the individual,makes no sense what so ever,i just want the paper or cert so i can fly and have some type of normality in my life.

Phew ....that's an awful lot on one lung-full !????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nkg said:

I take it all the members of RCPT have jobs. Perhaps they would like to contribute some of their salaries to help the millions out of work following the collapse of Thailand's tourism industry. No?

There's a surprise.

Would you rather have no job but be safe or dead!

• Confused 2