Phuket Sandbox: First flights confirmed, 100,000 foreign tourists set to visit

webfact

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

Maybe the article has been changed but it says 1,000 a day. Over 5 flights that's 200 per flight which is a realistic figure but highly doubtful.

What they also haven't factored in is that most going back are probably just doing this to get back into Thailand to avoid quaranting so I would think that the first flights will be more booked out than those in August and September.

only 1 "0" difference and  an zero is nothing of course hehehehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

when you consider the level of competence of  school teachers in Tiredland, its no wonder maths is a subject that  few, if any Thais, understand.   120,000 in September, 100,000  by end of  December, 1000 per day.  and so on to infinity....Somchai, just pick a number, any number, double it,  its doesnt really matter, no one believes you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

I wish they would stop using the word tourist to describe every arrival. I'm sure most arrivals, whatever the numbers, will be returning Thais, expats and long stayers. The number of real tourists with all the restrictions and pre-flight hassle will probably be minimal.

the last i saw only foreign tourists allowed. 

has that changed? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

the last i saw only foreign tourists allowed. 

has that changed? 

Reports over the weekend that Phuket were expecting 629,00 visitors in the 3 months starting 1st July; 500,000 of those being Thais.

3 hours ago, philba said:

"This is known to include the UK - the Thais hope the UK will give them an amber rating helping their nationals visit Thailand without restrictions on their return, notes Thaivisa." 

Thailand already has an Amber rating and there ARE restrictions on return to the UK.

You must have a negative Covid  test within 72 hours of your return flight.

You must fill in a Passenger Locator form before departure.

You must self isolate for 10 days on arrival.

You must pre-purchase Day 2&8 PCR tests to take during isolation.

Apart from that, it's plain sailing.....

Exactly.

and the UK government web site includes this little nugget of advice. How long before Phuket gets included in the list I wonder.

The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advises against all but essential travel to areas within the provinces on the Thailand-Malaysia border, including:

• Pattani
  • Yala
  • Narathiwat
  • Southern Songkhla province. This does not include areas north of and including the A43 road between Hat Yai and Sakom, and areas north-west of and including the train line which runs between Hat Yai and Pedang Besar.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Dr B said:

I am sorry JCP108 but I think you have got your statistics wrong. The topic is called Conditional Probability, and it works such that, if there is a 1:200 risk that the test result is incorrect, when you do three tests there is only a 1:200x200x200 risk that all three are wrong. That is one in eight million, which is a pretty low risk.

You are correct if pure statistics and tests were given at the same time. They are not. So if first test is a positive I will go to holiday tent prison camp! ????. If first one is negative I might test (false) positive on the 2nd one and go to holiday tent prison camp! Same with the 3rd test, probably just before my planned return! Tourists are gonna love that! Cheers! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, thonglorjimmy said:

I notice that the mandatory insurance offerred via the link in the article only covers travellers up to, and including, 69 years of age.

If your older than that, you should rather stay home anyhow.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

And here we go again, to which i will say: in your dreams guys, by putting out these news items every day, it doesn't meant i will come true... and i'm to buy a big hat, which i intend to eat if indeed 10,000 tourist will come everyday, Big Hat...

ENobody will be arriving until they tell us how to apply for a COE

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fangless said:

Somebody needs new batteries for their calculator!

And also a cloth to clean their crystal balls!

And just try to book any direct flight on Thai to HKT not possible even well into July !!!!!!!!!!!!  No wonder they afe bankrupt. totally inept

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

and the red carpet for a Quatar flight... who will be on it   Mr T? or miss Y?? hahahaha

I suspect all these new so called direct flights will only have a handful of people-on them - I give it 2 weeks before the airlines cut back or cancel the flights direct in to HKT.  Inteliligent people will not go thru all the hoops and expense to visit tar ball no alcohol beaches.  Easier to fly to Mexico or Caribbean - zero hoops including no PCR test required in mahy places. - and a shorter less expensive flight.  Thailand screwed the tourism pooch - 2024 at least before any real numbers return.

• Like 1

OK so maybe 50 people per plane - 5 airlines to fly direct - until 2-3 weeks later they realize no people flying / losing money so cancel the flights - wanna bet?

• Like 2

OK so maybe 50 people per plane - 5 airlines to fly direct - until 2-3 weeks later they realize no people flying / losing money so cancel the flights - wanna bet?

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Plain sailing to spend 14 days on an island and being able to not drink in a bar or travel outside of the Island, then upon returning having to spend 10 days in isolation and paying for more PCR tests, just would not be my cup of tea if I was British.  By the time you exited self isolation that nice tan you gained will be gone and you will be milky white again....

Yup go to Mominican republic - closer - cheaper flight no restrictions

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LTHAI said:

No!

More chance of 1 Pig, net even 5, flying anywhere!

Edited by fangless

5 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Exactly.

and the UK government web site includes this little nugget of advice. How long before Phuket gets included in the list I wonder.

The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advises against all but essential travel to areas within the provinces on the Thailand-Malaysia border, including:

• Pattani
  • Yala
  • Narathiwat
  • Southern Songkhla province. This does not include areas north of and including the A43 road between Hat Yai and Sakom, and areas north-west of and including the train line which runs between Hat Yai and Pedang Besar.

Another thing they seem to have hidden away is that days 1-3 are quarantine, you are not allowed to leave your hotel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LTHAI said:

And just try to book any direct flight on Thai to HKT not possible even well into July !!!!!!!!!!!!  No wonder they afe bankrupt. totally inept

Can't get a first class seat at all. Looks like I am going to have to slum it in Business ????????????

8 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Another thing they seem to have hidden away is that days 1-3 are quarantine, you are not allowed to leave your hotel.

Nonsense just like GPS bracelets. You should stop believing in the press especially Thailand