8.3% of Thailand’s population receive first vaccine dose, 3.3% fully vaccinated

webfact

COVID-19.jpg

8.3% of the entire population of Thailand, or 5,526,039 people, have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, while only 2,153,018 have had their second doses, or 3.3% of the population, according to the Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation.

Phuket remains the province with highest vaccination rate, with 63.33% receiving the first dose and 40.73% having their second, while the percentages in Bangkok are 22.55% and 7.25% respectively.

All medical personnel have now received their first dose, while 90.5% of them have been fully vaccinated. Low percentages are, however, found in the target groups for the months of June and July, namely people aged 60 and over, and those with any of the seven specified non-communicable diseases.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/8-3-of-thailands-population-receive-first-vaccine-dose-3-3-fully-vaccinated/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

The only number that has any relevance is the 3.3 % of the entire population who are now fully Vaccinated.

Are 3.3% of the population "fully vaccinated" against Beta and Delta variants I wonder.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

No it doesn't because Sinojunk is relatively below all standards and does not give assurance of protection after 2 or maybe even 3 jabs. Then you have AZ and its' short coming against Delta variant and now numbers are coming out of it about the Alpha variant. So this point towards putting that 3.3% in the dumpster of safety on some variants taking over.

I did state " Vaccinated "

And you have rightly picked up on the Efficacy and safety of those Vaccinations.

But of those 3.3 % fully Vaccinated, we do not know how effective those Vaccines have been.

Therefore those who are fully " Immunized " could be well short of that figure.

6 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

I did state " Vaccinated "

And you have rightly picked up on the Efficacy and safety of those Vaccinations.

But of those 3.3 % fully Vaccinated, we do not know how effective those Vaccines have been.

Therefore those who are fully " Immunized " could be well short of that figure.

Yeah, but in this case here in La La land from what vaccine the junta and elite are and have been pushing, it is like one foot forward and two step backwards now. They are driving this country into ruins.  

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Only 91,879 doses administered yesterday, getting lapped by both the snail and the turtle.

They need to average 500,000 a day to get to 70% fully vaccinated and 6 months to do it. At this rate end of 2022 is more realistic 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

They are driving this country into ruins. 

Yes they are,with rising infections daily and a very slow vaccination rate opening the country is insane!

But they are getting desperate,the bottom of the money box can be seen.

Desperation is a very poor aid to decision making.

Let me add this,opening is one thing but who will be coming,and how many?

Smart people will stay away.

Edited by jvs
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, jvs said:

Yes they are,with rising infections daily and a very slow vaccination rate opening the country is insane!

But they are getting desperate,the bottom of the money box can be seen.

Desperation is a very poor aid to decision making.

Our only hope might be more donations because this government seems to cheap and incapable  to handle this

Edited by club
  • Like 1

lets say the rate is 4% per month if they can keep this going (3% or less is more realistic) that means after 4 months (120 days) they will have "fully" vaccinated 16% of the population with vaccines that are coming under increasing scrutiny and infection numbers increasing 

Impressive isn't it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

No it doesn't because Sinojunk is relatively below all standards and does not give assurance of protection after 2 or maybe even 3 jabs. Then you have AZ and its' short coming against Delta variant and now numbers are coming out of it about the Alpha variant. So this point towards putting that 3.3% in the dumpster of safety on some variants taking over.

You sure about that?

AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine shows effectiveness against Delta variant

The vaccine shows 92% and 86% efficiency against hospitalisation in Delta and Alpha variant cases, respectively.

https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/news/astrazeneca-vaccine-delta-variant/

As for Sinovac, in Kudus Indonesia where Delta is prevalent, 90% of the those infected recovered with no serious symptoms. In addition, these are front line health care workers who face far more exposure to the virus than do just about anyone else.

https://jakartaglobe.id/news/sinovac-vaccine-protects-health-workers-from-severe-covid19-in-deltahit-kudus

1 hour ago, Misty said:

Are 3.3% of the population "fully vaccinated" against Beta and Delta variants I wonder.

I think I saw in an article, Pfizer down from ninety something to eighty something with the Indian Variant.  AZ was down from eighty something to sixty something. 

So sinovac?  Down from 50% to maybe around 20-30% against the Indian variant?

If the Indian variant continues to spread, it's probably that anyone of sinovac will be pretty vulnerable until they can top-up with another vaccine.

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

I think I saw in an article, Pfizer down from ninety something to eighty something with the Indian Variant.  AZ was down from eighty something to sixty something. 

So sinovac?  Down from 50% to maybe around 20-30% against the Indian variant?

If the Indian variant continues to spread, it's probably that anyone of sinovac will be pretty vulnerable until they can top-up with another vaccine.

I know I saw an article.

I listed one above that showed that AZ had a 92% effectiveness against hospitalization against the Delta variant.

As for Pfizer it was found to be 96% effective.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/two-doses-vaccine-highly-effective-against-delta-variant-u-k-n1270776

I don't understand the inclination to make stuff up when it's so easy to fact check one's suppositions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

The only number that has any relevance is the 3.3 % of the entire population who are now fully Vaccinated.

Because the vaccination program has stopped.. If someone is counting to 10 and is at 3, is being at 3 the only relevant fact?

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I don't understand the inclination to make stuff up when it's so easy to fact check one's suppositions.

Says the person literally pretending that I'm making something up because you want to make some sort of point.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2021/6/16/how-covid-vaccines-work-against-delta-variant?__twitter_impression=true

Covid's got a fan club lol. A lot of folks seemingly to want it to be worse or scarier than it actually is to validate their own fears.

In reality, on the balance of probabilities, any vaccine is significantly better than no vaccine (yes, even Sinovac). The Delta variant isn't a doomsday bug. Most of us are going to make it through Covid fine (from a health standpoint). Folks need to take a deep breath and relax.

It's going to be ok.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Says the person literally pretending that I'm making something up because you want to make some sort of point.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2021/6/16/how-covid-vaccines-work-against-delta-variant?__twitter_impression=true

From the article you just cited:

"Two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech jab prevent 96 percent of hospitalisations due to the Delta variant, while the AstraZeneca vaccine prevents 92 percent, according to a study involving 14,000 people."

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

You sure about that?

AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine shows effectiveness against Delta variant

The vaccine shows 92% and 86% efficiency against hospitalisation in Delta and Alpha variant cases, respectively.

https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/news/astrazeneca-vaccine-delta-variant/

As for Sinovac, in Kudus Indonesia where Delta is prevalent, 90% of the those infected recovered with no serious symptoms. In addition, these are front line health care workers who face far more exposure to the virus than do just about anyone else.

https://jakartaglobe.id/news/sinovac-vaccine-protects-health-workers-from-severe-covid19-in-deltahit-kudus

Yep. They are convoluting numbers almost on a daily basis as it looks and I have read oodles of articles from every walk of business and life on it. Same as you hear about Sinovac being ping ponged as it is good, it is not good, it is good then back to take 3-4 jabs and it might be ok then. Big money to be made by Big Pharma.

36 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Yep. They are convoluting numbers almost on a daily basis as it looks and I have read oodles of articles from every walk of business and life on it. Same as you hear about Sinovac being ping ponged as it is good, it is not good, it is good then back to take 3-4 jabs and it might be ok then. Big money to be made by Big Pharma.

That's great for people over 60.My friend got AZ the other day and was told by the nurse that AZ was only for people over the age of 60. He is 77 What's everyone else get Sinovac?