Shopee

scubascuba3

I still have my Google account set as UK, this means no Shopee app available, i access via mobile page which shows limited settings. Do you just use that? or switch your google account to Thailand, I'm reluctant to do it as I might lose some specific UK apps.

I also just found out they don't use foreign cards as payment

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've just seen if you change to "desk top site" from your phone you can see full screen account info. I just tried COD and seller cancelled. Ridiculous complicated process at Shopee, Lazada is so much more straight forward

And if its something you are looking to buy that is not too urgent, Ali Express is really good.

Cheap prices, but watch for the delivery charges on some purchases

12 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

And if its something you are looking to buy that is not too urgent, Ali Express is really good.

Cheap prices, but watch for the delivery charges on some purchases

I've quit AliExpress too many things never showed up

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Personally I dont like Shopee and dont like the way they operate. My advice if you want to use them is use the desktop site, you can change to English.

Always use COD where available.

Stray from that and my experience is problems, spam and chaos.

I had an item delivered two days ago from China on Shopee, paid online with a local card, as I have done with other purchases through them, it arrived quickly.   I've never had any issues, spam or chaos.

One item that I pre-ordered couldn't be supplied within the time scale Shopee had stated on the order and that was refunded to my bank automatically with an advice from them after the expired date with no initiation or chasing from me.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

50 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Ridiculous complicated process at Shopee, Lazada is so much more straight forward

With Shopee you select the item to your cart, select the payment method and it gets delivered.   What's so "ridiculously complicated" about that process compared with Lazada's system that works in exactly the same way?

Edit:  So it seems, colinneil! 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:
6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

With Shopee you select the item to your cart, select the payment method and it gets delivered.   What's so "ridiculously complicated" about that process compared with Lazada's system that works in exactly the same way?

Clearly you live in a different universe than the rest of us, or your just trying to annoy other members with some of your crazy comments.

Ok, what's so inaccurate about anything in that comment of mine?  Bear in mind that I've used Shopee successfully in the last two or three weeks.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Such as?

Naturally experiences will vary, that said. I have never yet had a confirmation or anything to tell me my order was placed !

I ordered a TV, COD, 4 of them turned up over a 3 day period. Thats just one example .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Liverpool Lou Your whole post was inaccurate, yes i use shoppee/ Lazada and JD central.

Lazada very easy to negotiate, JD not too bad, Shoppee is a damn nightmare to use.

But of course your experience is completely different to anybody elses, same as many other things you post in other threads, just weird init.

He is right and you are probably just trolling.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

He is right and you are probably just trolling.

He is not right. I recounted actual purchasing experience in the last couple of weeks in addition to previous successful and issue-free orders.   That is not trolling and your falsely accusing me of trolling is a personal attack.

Can you come up with something that confirms that ordering from Shopee "is a damn nightmare" and different from Lazada's ordering procedure. 

9 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I love Shopee. Super fast delivery, once you get used to bank transfer payment system, payment is easy to navigate, never had a problem with defective or close to expiration date merchandise. Like anywhere you do have to do your price comparisons. Website allows me to track to within hours when package is likely to be delivered (have to be able to read Thai). After first delivery, delivery guys all know where house is, so no cumbersome phone calls every delivery to give directions to the house. Vendors are helpful and respond to questions promptly. Put me down in the satisfied customer column.

They accept debit/credit cards too now. I find the site very easy to use.

Edited by Mark1066
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, CharlieH said:
21 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Such as?

Naturally experiences will vary, that said. I have never yet had a confirmation or anything to tell me my order was placed !

I ordered a TV, COD, 4 of them turned up over a 3 day period. Thats just one example .

But hardly a "damn nightmare" as someone is claiming!

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He is not right. I recounted actual purchasing experience in the last couple of weeks in addition to previous successful and issue-free orders.   That is not trolling and your falsely accusing me of trolling is a personal attack.

Can you come up with something that confirms that ordering from Shopee "is a damn nightmare" and different from Lazada's ordering procedure. 

Arguing good or bad and getting "personal" in remarks is pointless. As already stated, experiences can and do vary.

Keep it cordial and civil please.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

If using web site you select, under your name, my purchase and have all orders, to pay, to ship, to receive, completed, cancelled, and full tracking available.  

As for items I ordered 10 of one item from Lazada - get 10 emails - and then another 10 when they cancelled the order.  Much prefer no emails when full information is on web site - Shopee does send email on delivery (which is usually at same minute delivered).  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Edit:  So it seems, colinneil! 

Ok here goes.... I'd previously set up an account using google but never used it. I tried again the other day there was a problem with login so i gave up and signed up using my mobile, order didn't go through, i tried my google account again and it won't work now because I've used the phone number to set up an account, Shopee say i have to send them a signed copy of my passport with blurb in my handwriting to reclaim the phone number...........i was going to give up at this point but i found a passport copy in a drawer.........anyway account sorted 24 hours later, purchase cancelled multiple times, no reason given. Finally i get it to work, order taken.......... I've never had an issue with Lazada

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

But hardly a "damn nightmare" as someone is claiming!

Depends, I could go on and on, but sufficeto say "my opinion" is totally negative.Except it or dont thats your perogative, I am not arguing about it, its my experience.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Just to let you know, when you place an order, it shows up in the "to be paid" column under "my purchases." Once payment is received, the order then moves to the "to be shipped" column under "my purchases." Once the order has been shipped by the vendor, the order then moves to the "to be received" column. Once the order is in transit, you can track the delivery progress by clicking on the little truck icon on the right hand side of the individual order . It's in Thai, but that tells you where your package is, and gives you a very good idea about when your package is likely to arrive, so you don't have to sit around all day wondering when the delivery guy is going to show up.

6 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Depends, I could go on and on, but sufficeto say "my opinion" is totally negative.Except it or dont thats your perogative, I am not arguing about it, its my experience.

Same here, I'm not arguing, either, just stating my experience, accept it or don't, that's everyone's prerogative, isn't it?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Just to let you know, when you place an order, it shows up in the "to be paid" column under "my purchases." Once payment is received, the order then moves to the "to be shipped" column under "my purchases." Once the order has been shipped by the vendor, the order then moves to the "to be received" column. Once the order is in transit, you can track the delivery progress by clicking on the little truck icon on the right hand side of the individual order . It's in Thai, but that tells you where your package is, and gives you a very good idea about when your package is likely to arrive, so you don't have to sit around all day wondering when the delivery guy is going to show up.

Do the delivery people telephone first before they turn up? That's how it's worked for all my Lazada deliveries

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Do the delivery people telephone first before they turn up? That's how it's worked for all my Lazada deliveries

Yeah, they always call, usually about 5 minutes before they arrive, just to give me a head's up in case I'm taking a nap. But it's just a "There's a package for you. OK, thanks. Click." 10 second call instead of five minutes of detailed directions to the house.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Personally I dont like Shopee and dont like the way they operate. My advice if you want to use them is use the desktop site, you can change to English.

Always use COD where available.

Stray from that and my experience is problems, spam and chaos.

that didn't work well for me eitther.

Seller sent me wrong items, 8 weeks later still trying to get money back as , guess whhat?, they don't refund money iinto anything but a thai account either.

They don't reply often.  They say no english on the weekend...then guess when I get random calls for resolution?  the Sunday morning.

Site has no English setting: (need to use chrome).

Can't chat because they are not allowed on USA centered phones as well.  So only email is way to chat.

HORRIBLE experience. 

Again, COD offers no resolution if you get wrong product or need to return.

Now, if I had a thai card or bank account, My experience could be different.  But without that I found I won't use them again.

Edited by Dart12
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

that didn't work well for me eitther.

Seller sent me wrong items, 8 weeks later still trying to get money back as , guess whhat?, they don't refund money iinto anything but a thai account either.

They don't reply often.  They say no english on the weekend...then guess when I get random calls for resolution?  the Sunday morning.

Site has no English setting: (need to use chrome).

Can't chat because they are not allowed on USA centered phones as well.  So only email is way to chat.

HORRIBLE experience. 

Again, COD offers no resolution if you get wrong product or need to return.

Now, if I had a thai card or bank account, My experience could be different.  But without that I found I won't use them again.

They are operating in Thailand so none of that is really surprising. If a company as big as Microsoft can't accept a Thai Visa card on their US site, as they informed me yesterday, it doesn't surprise me that Shoppe doesn't accept foreign cards either.

• Like 1