90 day report nightmare

Actually, I have been doing the 90 day report by mail for a good 10 years or so and never had any problems. A couple of years ago I tried the online registration and that worked fine three or four times.

Then it stopped working and all the problems began. Obviously when I discovered it didn't work I had to go to immigration in Chang Wattana. That's a half day and almost 1000 Baht wasted.

So I decided to go back to mailing the report. That went fine for a few times and then everyone was saying that the app worked well so I tried again. I got a message that I had 264 days overstay, so I had to go to immigration again. Another half day and another 1000 Baht. 

Last time I didn't want to go myself because of the Covid situation, so I hired someone to do it for me (1200 baht).

This time I decided to go back to sending my mail. That was 6 weeks ago and I haven't received a new notification, so I just called them only to be told that I need to go there with a copy of the EMS receipt. That's another 1000 baht and half a day wasted. The new appointment is probably in about 2 months.

Next time ---- there is no next time. I will pay the 2000 baht fine when I do my visa extension. I have heard several people say that they do like this.

Can not registering every 90 days lead to any problems?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'd wait at least 8 weeks as all mail-in reports are taking ages.  If you have the EMS receipt it shouldn't be an issue anyway.

Ok 

Thanks to all the replies.

I was just a little concerned as usually I get the return notification within 3 weeks. I read on their site that if you have waited more than 4 weeks, then you should contact them.

Actually, I was surprised that they didn't even offer to investigate when I called.

I'll wait a while.

• Like 1

You sent the envelope by EMS to Immigration? Using the proper address? You included a return envelope with your address? And it had a stamp, 10 baht ok, EMS (37 baht better). And you receive mail reliably at your address.

Long threads here point to 6 - 8 weeks for the Next Report Date slip. In my case recently it was 50 days.

As the IP asked, what are the potential negative consequences if a person simply doesn't do 90 day reports and elects to just pay the 2000 baht fine on renewal of their extension? Treat the 2000 baht as just an additional extension expense?

4 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

Are you saying you are voluntarily submitting your passport to the Thai postal system and bureaucracy, both at the same time?? What is wrong with your brain??

You don't send your passport! 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

Oh! didn't know, sorry then:)

It's just few photocopies of basic pages.

ID (photo page) 

TM6 both sides. Last visa. Most recent extension stamp. Most recent entry stamp, TM47 etc.

Be advised to send EMS also use EMS for return envelope.

Most recently I used two B4 envelopes and all my photocopies and a new tm47 were returned.

Clearly not as good as being able to do it online. For my next one I will try online at the 15 and again 14 day window. 

That will not work because it's a stuff ed up system.

I will then post the required docs.

The following report date will be 90 days from current report date. In other words you don't lose any days by posting 15/14 days early. 

Edited by DrJack54

13 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

Oh! didn't know, sorry then:)

But if you send an authorized third-party to file a 90-day report on your behalf in person at the Immigration office, you do need to entrust your passport with them.

21 hours ago, petedk said:

Next time ---- there is no next time. I will pay the 2000 baht fine when I do my visa extension. I have heard several people say that they do like this.

Can not registering every 90 days lead to any problems?

Seems a brilliant solution --petedk, here am I paying 200 baht for a agent to do it--no problem for years, but hey I will study your idea 1,200 for someone to go--or even better 2,000 baht fine--some ideas are so simple one can  just overlook them..........????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

You sent the envelope by EMS to Immigration? Using the proper address? You included a return envelope with your address? And it had a stamp, 10 baht ok, EMS (37 baht better). And you receive mail reliably at your address.

Long threads here point to 6 - 8 weeks for the Next Report Date slip. In my case recently it was 50 days.

Yes I did all that.

I have checked the EMS and immigration have received the application.

I will be patient and wait.

• Like 1

Can we do this? Just pay 2000b fine? No prejudice? As the system broken I will actually benefit greatly not taking off work and paying 2000b in taxi fare.

It's all a planned effort to extract money from us baht by baht.

This must be part of the attract multi-millionaires program that Thailand is now pursuing. Excellent!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, petedk said:

Yes I did all that.

You receive Thai Post and EMS deliveries reliably at your address?

Our EMS driver comes by twice a day (Bangkok 10110), best to introduce yourself, IME. Same-same for normal Thai post driver.

I'd give it a full 56/57 days, then consider making an appointment at MTT to sort it out in person? Tne prepare another mail package in ~ 4 weeks. ????

I wouldn't fret.

I do it in person upcountry because I like the trip out to the city and it's only 45 minutes.

If I was you, I would keep copies of all EMS receipts. You then have them when you go to renew your extension or if an officer comes calling.

I would get a phone number of an Immigration officer who is friendly enough at the Immigration offices, and ring them if I had any concerns.

We have been given officers mobile numbers by them voluntarily in case of any unforeseen problems with mailing in or online. We gave a small service charge for his helpfulness. But, it's up to you.Some posters will say I am one of those encouraging them, others will say its the way it works over here.

They have offered us to ring them when we want to report in for 90 days.I thanked them but explained as a rule, we usually the visit the city every three months to get to the bigger stores like Makro etc.

I , like everybody else, want the official slip of paper to keep in my passport.

6 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I'd give it a full 56/57 days, then consider making an appointment at MTT to sort it out in person? Tne prepare another mail package in ~ 4 weeks. ????

There may be a conundrum waiting now with waiting more than 60 days in that effective July 16, 90-day reports require online appointments. You might then get an appointment date beyond the date of your current extension.

If Immigration is at fault for not timely returning 90-day receipt with the next 90-day file date, why can't Immigration accept your proof of mail & Immigration receipt during your extension meeting without penalty? 

21 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

why can't Immigration accept your proof of mail & Immigration receipt during your extension meeting without penalty? 

I think they can or will.

Go for it, and report back.

Were I in a similar position, pending 90-day mail-in report, with an ext stay appt looming, I would simply explain the situation, show the EMS slip and web status (delivered) and copies of the paperwork submitted. If they balk, and direct me to MTT then what choice would I have.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Hm. There are a couple of people on here that go crazy if you say the online system 'stopped working' (as in fails) . It never breaks, you see, it's just that Immigration decide not to use it for a few weeks or months..... 

It was certainly down from February to April of this year when immigrations extranet was taken off line.

Some people say it is broke when they have problems doing their application online.

If it is down you would not be able to access the site.

Some local offices that don't do them just leave them pending after the application is submitted..

• Like 1