Standard tourist visa if married to Thai?

mattk1

Hi everyone,

I'm married to a Thai and want to apply for my tourist visa to Thailand 60 days. Is it just a normal tourist visa I apply for or is there another type of tourist visa for those married to Thai nationals?

Sorry this has probably been asked lots of times but I struggle to see on this small phone screen ????

Hi Martin, thanks for your reply.

We will be staying for the full 60 days. I did think about just going in on visa exempt 45 days then extending, but I think I will hit issues when applying for Certificate of Entry or on arrival if immigration want to see our return flight which will be in more than 45 days time. 

21 hours ago, mattk1 said:

Hi Martin, thanks for your reply.

We will be staying for the full 60 days. I did think about just going in on visa exempt 45 days then extending, but I think I will hit issues when applying for Certificate of Entry or on arrival if immigration want to see our return flight which will be in more than 45 days time. 

When I used to come as a tourist on visa exempt, I never had issues with my return flight being after the end of that.  I can only remember being asked once, I just said I'd go to Jomtien immigration and extend.  No issues with that, I think the fact that I obviously knew what I was doing and had no record of previous overstays helped.

Of course, that was pre-Covid and visa exempt was shorter for me.

• Like 1

Hi DefaultName,

Thanks for your reply to my post, much appreciated ????

In 'normal' times I would probably less concerned about the visa exempt and the later return flight dates etc, but from I've read on other forums and Facebook groups, they are looking closely at visa applications and I don't want to risk it being rejected.

On a sidenote, I got an email this morning from Qatar saying my itinerary has changed. The outbound flight is now showing as a 40 hour travel duration so I will be cancelling that. Crazy how they can just change like that isn't it!

• Sad 1