Peripheral neuropathy - diabetes related

I am having increasing numbness and discomfort in the toes of both feet. My blood sugar levels are well controlled. My lovely doctor at the International Hospital in Pattaya tells me there isn't a neurologist in Pattaya and says I should go to Bangkok. Any idea as to which hospital I should head for?

Go online and check out the private hospitals in Bangkok and search for a neurologist, each hospital should have a drop down menu of doctors and their details.  The doctor I sue is an endocrinologist at BNH and he referred me to a neurology associate for some issues I am currently having. Have they done a full blood panel to see if it might be caused by something else other than the diabetes.  The neuropathy I was having was caused by nerve damage in my lower back spinal issues between the L4/S1 spinal segment.  I had a double fusion done due to the reasons and the neuropathy went away.  It could be diabetic related or it could be nerve related is what I am saying and a neurologist will need to do an MRI, or you will need to have a nerve conduction test to determine if the signal traveling from the back to the foot and the toes is blocked somewhere.

• Like 1

There are neurologists in Pattaya, just not at PIH.

There are 5 at BPH. Of these, the best qualified appears to be

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/doctor-profile?v_id=379&depid=20

Though he specializes mainly in epilepsy

otherwise this doctor at Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok  has specific expertise in diabetic neuropathy

https://www.bangkokhospital.com/en/doctor/prof-dr-kongkiat-kulkantrakorn

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Go online and check out the private hospitals in Bangkok and search for a neurologist, each hospital should have a drop down menu of doctors and their details.  The doctor I sue is an endocrinologist at BNH and he referred me to a neurology associate for some issues I am currently having. Have they done a full blood panel to see if it might be caused by something else other than the diabetes.  The neuropathy I was having was caused by nerve damage in my lower back spinal issues between the L4/S1 spinal segment.  I had a double fusion done due to the reasons and the neuropathy went away.  It could be diabetic related or it could be nerve related is what I am saying and a neurologist will need to do an MRI, or you will need to have a nerve conduction test to determine if the signal traveling from the back to the foot and the toes is blocked somewhere.

I had diabetic neuropathy in the feet which was diagnosed by way of a doppler blood flow test. For the OP: I suggest you check check out whether the doppler test (only takes a few minutes) is appropriate before going down the path of an expensive MRI review.