Recommendation for Optician

Maybole

I need new spectacles. So far I have only found outlets of large optical chains e.g. Top Charoen etc. These outlets are staffed by sales people who only know how to operate a machine which assesses the eye.  I want a properly qualified optician.

Recommendations please for such in Chiangmai, preferable to the south side, Mae Hia, Hang Dong, Sanpatong direction.

Thank you.

You do not want an optician -

You want an optomotrist or ophthalmologist - 

An optometrist is an eye doctor that can examine, diagnose, and treat your eyes. An ophthalmologist is a medical doctor who can perform medical and surgical interventions for eye conditions. An optician is a professional who can help fit eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other vision-correcting devices

If you just want to replace glasses and do not need a full ophthamological exam, you might want to try One Optic , Soi Chom Chan near Pizza Hut left off of CM-Hang Dong Rd. Khun One is a qualified optician, but does not speak much English.  

There is an optical shop inside Maya shopping mall, the male manager is qualified with assessing your eyesight , very precise eyesight measurement.

The shop is called KT Optic. Good service and good price.

Edited by EricTh

If you have any indications of eye pathology, any sudden or recent decline in vision, etc., you need to see an ophthalmologist first: every major hospital here has them on staff.

If you just need a new prescription, or think you need to start wearing glasses:

I have previously recommended the Chaiyo Optics shop in Airport Plaza:

click

~o:37;

• 1 year later...
On 6/22/2021 at 6:06 PM, canthai55 said:

You do not want an optician -

You want an optomotrist or ophthalmologist - 

An optometrist is an eye doctor that can examine, diagnose, and treat your eyes. An ophthalmologist is a medical doctor who can perform medical and surgical interventions for eye conditions. An optician is a professional who can help fit eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other vision-correcting devices

Do you have an optometrist to recommend?