Where to do a consultation to eventually get Finasteride [Bangkok]

fred4272

Hi everyone,

I start to suffer from alopecia and I'm looking for recommendation about where in Bangkok I could get a consultation. I read while doing some research that it is highly recommended to also do a blood work, so anyone has ever been to a place who do all of that I'd love to hear it.

Thanks.

Not sure where you can do the checkup but finasteride is for sale without perscription in the pharmacy.

I am not saying buy it and take it, just telling you its available without prescription. Recently bought some for a friend of my GF. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not sure where you can do the checkup but finasteride is for sale without perscription in the pharmacy.

I am not saying buy it and take it, just telling you its available without prescription. Recently bought some for a friend of my GF. 

Thanks for the comment. I've indeed seen Finasteride for sale at Boots but I'd really like to do a check up first. Finasteride reduce PSA levels (prostate-specific antigen) by about 50%. So if one day (when I'm older) I was to do such test and taking Finasteride, the result could be wrong and that's why it's recommended to do a blood work first.

7 minutes ago, fred4272 said:

Thanks for the comment. I've indeed seen Finasteride for sale at Boots but I'd really like to do a check up first. Finasteride reduce PSA levels (prostate-specific antigen) by about 50%. So if one day (when I'm older) I was to do such test and taking Finasteride, the result could be wrong and that's why it's recommended to do a blood work first.

PSA tests most small clinics do those too you can let them take some blood there and test for whatever you want. I have tested PSA levels there in the past. They send it to a bigger lab for the actual tests usually takes a few days. But if its a small clinic then they wont be able to give you advice. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flagator96 said:

Finasteride can in some cases cause chronic and in some cases irreversible erectile dysfunction in some men. You may want to research this before you leap.

It hasn't stopped my parts working (5mg every other day).

For hair loss you only need 1mg every other day.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

PSA tests most small clinics do those too you can let them take some blood there and test for whatever you want. I have tested PSA levels there in the past. They send it to a bigger lab for the actual tests usually takes a few days. But if its a small clinic then they wont be able to give you advice. 

Thanks for the tip, if I don't find any hair clinic for then I'll do it by myself like you say.

6 minutes ago, flagator96 said:

Finasteride can in some cases cause chronic and in other cases irreversible erectile dysfunction in some men. You may want to research this before you leap.

I'm aware of that, I've done extensive research.

1 minute ago, DavidH555 said:

Be careful if you suffer from depression. Personally, Finasteride was brutal to me. I threw it out after 2 weeks 

Sorry to hear that, and thank you for the warning. Are you better now?

1 minute ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

drugs again ? tackling the symptoms not cause ? body cant heal itself ?

consider shaving the noggin & going vegan with HIIT for a month ?

might actually cure the root cause naturally...... ?

Blah Blah Blah.....

I agree with you that a healthy lifestyle can cure many things, but I doubt that burpees and soy milk can cure genetic alopecia...

• Like 1

I've never really worried about being bald. Here, Thai women are much more focused on the state of my wallet than the look of my scalp.

I take 5 mg of Finasteride for BPH. It does affect my libido, I am not as horny as often. Having said that, if I want to give my GF a good time, 50 mg of Sidegra works for us both.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

For hair loss you only need 1mg every other day.

Important hint as some posters seem to have missed the point.

OP is about hair-loss. No word about prostate problems (BPH).

There was rumors that a top VIP US citizen took Finasteride to save his (thin) hair.