CCSA Has Back-up Plans for Phuket Reopening

snoop1130

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

How does this sound to the "handful" of "tourists" planning to undergo the arduous procedure?

Be prepared for your flight doing a U-turn?

Phuket Sandbox Whiplash Tours

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

How does this sound to the "handful" of "tourists" planning to undergo the arduous procedure?

1 hour ago, damascase said:

8 days to go and still communicating that the scheme can be adjusted or cancelled - now that is the way to establish trust among potential travellers and relevant businesses……

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

That will do wonders to reassure those "tourists" that haven't canceled yet.

Of course this can be adjusted, same as entry requirements to the UK and others can be adjusted.

2 hours ago, Peabody said:

20 year expat here, left Thailand in January 2020 planning to return 2 months later (hahaha), but now returning middle of July. Currently working outside of Thailand, so this is a holiday, mostly to visit my possessions! Will do 2 weeks at a nice hotel in Phuket, normally my room is almost $200/night, got it for under $30 USD/night. Flight from New York only $850 USD. Booked everything cancellable/full refundable in case of tits-up scenario.

Just got my COE for Phuket Sandbox today from Thai Embassy in NYC. Process took less than 24 hours from start to getting the COE. Clunky website, but it guides you gently through the process. Very easy: have your hotel res, your flight res, your vaccine proof, and proof of insurance and good to go. Drag-n-drop to upload documents. They tell you almost right away if something needs to be fixed. Used links from ThaiVisa to book both SHA Plus+ hotel and insurance through Tune (30 days, about 3K THB).

How did you do that? There is no drop down menu yet on the COE request web application "coethailand.mfa" to select Sandbox SHA+ hotels?

Use Organizational quarantine dropdown and fill in the free text??

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 11.56.47.png

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

As already stated, how many 'sand box tourists' want to go through this situation.

I'm lost, do these 'sand box tourists':

- Have to present some type of COE at the departure airport and on arrival?

- Have to show negative PCR swab test report no older than 72 hrs at check-in at departure airport and at arrival airport?

- Have to pass a Covid 19 rapid test conducted at arrival airport? (And perhaps at departure airport?)

Edited by scorecard

10 hours ago, Peabody said:

Just got my COE for Phuket Sandbox today from Thai Embassy in NYC. Process took less than 24 hours from start to getting the COE. Clunky website, but it guides you gently through the process. Very easy: have your hotel res, your flight res, your vaccine proof, and proof of insurance and good to go. Drag-n-drop to upload documents. They tell you almost right away if something needs to be fixed. Used links from ThaiVisa to book both SHA Plus+ hotel and insurance through Tune (30 days, about 3K THB).

What does your actual certificate (the printed document that you show upon arrival) say in the final paragraph? Previously, when getting an ASQ COE it said, "...the above named person has presented the Royal Thai Consulate [location] with a confirmed booking at [hotel name], which has been designated as an ASQ facility..."  Have they edited the text to say something about a confirmed SHA+ booking? 

20 hours ago, Peabody said:

20 year expat here, left Thailand in January 2020 planning to return 2 months later (hahaha), but now returning middle of July. Currently working outside of Thailand, so this is a holiday, mostly to visit my possessions! Will do 2 weeks at a nice hotel in Phuket, normally my room is almost $200/night, got it for under $30 USD/night. Flight from New York only $850 USD. Booked everything cancellable/full refundable in case of tits-up scenario.

Don't forget your PCR test before you leave. That's a bit time sensitive and is a bit of a worry if it doesn't come back in time and I've heard of a few problems regarding that.

Glad you've got things sorted though. Have fun.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I can understand that the plans would need to change if the circumstances  do and that may not be a problem for those of us who might be thinking of using this as a way back home but I'm not sure that would be the case for the tourists this was planned for. You might have insurance to cover any costs but that can't cover the days taken off work that could be lost.

• Like 2