non-O extension based on marriage: old tabien baan of wife is from different province

The first extension application for my Non-Imm O visa based on marriage will be due soon.

My wife's tabien baan still shows the village in Si Sa Ket where she grew up and where she owns the house her parents signed over to her 10 years ago.

This month, we rented a house in Prachuap Khiri Khan. I signed the rental contract, so she has no paperwork that states that she lives with me in our rented house.

Will this be a problem when we go the immigration office next week? Does she need to register her place of residence in our rented house? The owner is a foreigner, not living in Thailand, so our rented house does not have a blue or yellow Tabian Baan, we were told.

Or will the immigration office just rely on the police visit at our house, and some Thai witnesses, to verify that we live together?

Every house has a blue Tabien Baan regardless of nationality of owner. A copy should always be attached to the rental agreement. If a foreigner, a copy of the owners passport should also be attached to the rental agreement. Ask the owner for these documents.

The Blue book belongs to the house.

Every house has a Blue book issued for it.

It is more than likely whichever lawyer handled the purchase on behalf of the foreign owner didn't deem it necessary to acquire it on his behalf as foreigners can't be named in a blue book unless they have PR status.

Have you or someone filed a TM30 at your new local Immigration office?

If not your application for an extension will be refused until you have complied.

Do you have a copy of the landlords Passport?

Apart from a rental contract you have no further evidence of the address you intend to register as residing at.

Who owns the land, not the foreigner, so who has the Chanute?

The wife's Blue book is immaterial, that and her ID card along with your Passport and Marriage certificate is proof of relationship, what your lacking is proof of the property address your renting and who owns it.

The rental contract may be sufficient, but at Immigrations discretion.

In your shoes I'd first visit the Immigration office explain the situation and find out if they'll accept the rental contract as proof of residence.

Next, I'd be questioning the foreign landlord about the Blue book and Chanute.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

filed a TM30

yes, I filed the TM30 for myself, supported by a power of attorney form signed by the owner, a copy of his passport and the rental contract. I've got the TM30 confirmation slip from immigration office.

So I suppose if they accepted the rental contract for TM30, they will also accept it for the extension.

@Tanoshi

I think things are getting confused or mixed up. He did not buy a house.

This from the OP.

10 hours ago, h3ith said:

This month, we rented a house in Prachuap Khiri Khan. I signed the rental contract, so she has no paperwork that states that she lives with me in our rented house.

I was wondering about "tabien baan" in the list of documents required for the extension and was not sure if it refers to our rental house; or just to my wife's tabien baan.

I understand from you that for the extension, I don't need a copy of the tabian baan of the rental house - all the more because I have a valid TM30 registration?

The required tabian baan is just evidence for my wife's identity, in addition to her national ID card, but does not serve as evidence of our residence address?

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think things are getting confused or mixed up. He did not buy a house.

This from the OP.

Not confused at all, he rents.

Normally a signed copy of the landlords Blue House book and ID card, along with rental contract are requested as proof of residence.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Not confused at all, he rents.

Normally a signed copy of the landlords Blue House book and ID card, along with rental contract are requested as proof of residence.

What was this about. No mention anywhere the owner is not Thai.

22 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It is more than likely whichever lawyer handled the purchase on behalf of the foreign owner didn't deem it necessary to acquire it on his behalf as foreigners can't be named in a blue book unless they have PR status.

1 minute ago, h3ith said:

The required tabian baan is just evidence for my wife's identity, in addition to her national ID card, but does not serve as evidence of our residence address?

Which is point I was making, correct.

Your wife's Blue book and ID card is her personal ID, as your Passport is yours.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

What was this about. No mention anywhere the owner is not Thai.

10 hours ago, h3ith said:

Will this be a problem when we go the immigration office next week? Does she need to register her place of residence in our rented house? The owner is a foreigner, not living in Thailand,

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

Normally a signed copy of the landlords Blue House book

I've got a copy of the owner's passport, besides the rental contract.

But was told by the Thai real estate agent that no tabien baan exists yet because the house is new. The owner is Chinese and does not live in Thailand. I guess the Chinese must have purchased a leasehold from the property company that owns the fenced community.

My wife supposed that a tabian baan would only be created after a house is inhabited for the first time. That's wrong? The blue tabian baan should have been created as soon as the house was completed even if it stayed empty for some months?

7 minutes ago, h3ith said:

My wife supposed that a tabian baan would only be created after a house is inhabited for the first time. That's wrong? The blue tabian baan should have been created as soon as the house was completed even if it stayed empty for some months?

A Blue House book should be issued when the house is considered habitable and given a postal address. I'd guess it's either in the hands of the lawyer, or whoever the land is registered to.

Regardless, you registered a TM30 (where did the address come from?)

When filing your extension, your rental contract, landlords Passport copy and copy of the TM30 receipt is proof of your registered residential address.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

you registered a TM30 (where did the address come from?)

The rental contract that was set up by the real estate agent identifies it as house number 17 in the gated community. The address in the rental contract was accepted for TM30.

11 minutes ago, h3ith said:

The rental contract that was set up by the real estate agent identifies it as house number 17 in the gated community. The address in the rental contract was accepted for TM30.

The fact the real estate agent was able to supply an address, suggests their is a Blue book. The Blue book may still be in the hands of the Land Registry office, or being processed by them, but if Immigration have accepted the rental contract as proof of residential address, you shouldn't have any issues going forward with your extension application.

Edited by Tanoshi

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

able to supply an address

I saw the tabien baan of a neighbor's house, identifying it as house number 14.

I suppose the real estate agent identified our house as number 17 just because it was the 17th house built in the community, taking the number from the community's development plan.

44 minutes ago, h3ith said:

My wife supposed that a tabian baan would only be created after a house is inhabited for the first time. That's wrong?

That's wrong

44 minutes ago, h3ith said:

The blue tabian baan should have been created as soon as the house was completed even if it stayed empty for some months?

Yes

Just now, h3ith said:

I saw the tabien baan of a neighbor's house, identifying it as house number 14.

I suppose the real estate agent identified our house as number 17 just because it was the 17th house built in the community, taking the number from the community's development plan.

Possibly, but risky to assume.

From my experience as soon as the house is considered habitable (external doors, windows and secure) the Land Registry office inspect, then issue a formal address for the property so the Blue book can be issued.

I wouldn't worry, Immigration have already accepted the documentation you've supplied and issued a TM30 receipt as acceptance.

Sent a PM.

• Like 1

You can get a Kor Ror 2 from any Government Office and a copy of your rental contract will prove residency. Although they have relaxed the Section 30 requirement you should check this with Immigration before you go. If your landlord is not in the country who are you paying your rent to? They can do the section 30. You should have sorted this with the landlord before signing the contract. He has a legal obligation to do the section 30 registration.

Edited by chilly07
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

You can get a Kor Ror 2 from any Government Office and a copy of your rental contract will prove residency. Although they have relaxed the Section 30 requirement you should check this with Immigration before you go. If your landlord is not in the country who are you paying your rent to? They can do the section 30. You should have sorted this with the landlord before signing the contract. He has a legal obligation to do the section 30 registration.

The Kor Ror 2 printout can only be obtained at a Amphoe (district office).

I assume you are writing about a TM30 report. If one has been done already another one is not required unless you change addresses now (it was change a year ago).

7 hours ago, chilly07 said:

He has a legal obligation to do the section 30 registration.

I did the TM30 registration the same day I got the house key.

I insisted on a power of attorney form when I signed the rental contract, so I could go to the immigration office myself, instead of relying on the owner, and receive the TM30 confirmation slip.