Car insurance prices for multiple vehicles?

Hi there 

I am trying to understand how it works in Thailand when insuring multiple vehicles. 

Is it the same as insuring 1 vehicle just x2 or is there a discount for a multi car policy. 

If I currently have a Yaris and I pay 12000 for 1st class insurance then go out and buy a new Toyota truck how much is that going to add to my insurance bill approx. 

Thanks couldn't find the info online. 

I think 50 to 70% Thai cars dont have "extra" insurance , after car is 2-3 years old!They dont want pay extra after what have get in new car. I think insurance is / vehicle dont know if you can join 2 different  together! If somebody know better they can help you. I have little over 3 years old Toyota Hilux and dont have "extra" insurance on it. 

9 hours ago, flyingsaucersarereal said:

Is it the same as insuring 1 vehicle just x2 or is there a discount for a multi car policy. 

Maybe some insurance companies do it for business.

We had Isuzu truck 1st insurance for business, a Yaris and a City with 1st class private but no discount.

I find Roojai insurance cheap anyhow you can insure 2 for the price of 1 charged by other insurance companies.

You can choose the 1st class cover you need. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jaiyenyen said:

Yes, I second Roojai.

I found them very thorough when it came to insuring the pick up truck, many things you put in the rear outside truck bed are not insured unless you pay more. 

• Like 1

If you go to a big company directly, like roojai, while cheap there won't be difference if you insure 2nd car, the only discounts are years of no claims bonus, addidng payable excess, and adding a named driver to the policy (usually it's any legal driver) gets 15-20% off the premium depending the age of the driver 

but for some insurance agents, many can cut you a deal to keep your business if you do multiple cars with them and coming back the next year, don't even have to be for you, you can have 2nd cars in your wife's name

On 6/23/2021 at 12:21 AM, flyingsaucersarereal said:

If I currently have a Yaris and I pay 12000 for 1st class insurance then go out and buy a new Toyota truck how much is that going to add to my insurance bill approx. 

Why not just ask your current insurer?  That will give you a specific answer rather than Thaivisa-posters' speculation that will mean nothing when it comes to insuring the other vehicle.

Edited by Liverpool Lou