When is it enough?

starky

So in relation to the thread where the Thai doctor has said 70% vaccinated may not be enough for Thailand to open up. So what is?

2 high profile cases currently in Australia. One a fully vaccinated couple who flew from the US to Oz to see their dying father. On arrival they were willing to charter their own plane wear hazmat suits and had taken 3 covid tests just wanted to see him  before he passed. Request denied.

2 parents both fully vaccinated and again with multiple covid tests, landed in Australia the woman underwent an emergency c-section then the parents were denied access to the baby for 14 days....

The chief medical officer replied with "it's crucial everyone get vaccinated as soon as possible but vaccination does not mean anything in regards to the overriding medical advice"

I've been vaccinated, but if after all this mass vaccination isn't enough for things to change what's the endgame? When is it enough?

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/100191704#aoh=16243826568233&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

I would like to add, I'm no covid denier I'm already fully vaccinated with the az. Was also considering having the Pfizer when Thailand was saying you could only enter quarantine free if it was no more than 3 months since you had been vaccinated. 

I am also fully aware that vaccination does not mean you could get and potentially pass on covid. But we have been told let's not overwhelm hospitals. Then we were told wait for the vaccine. Then we were told no wait we need at least 70, 80%, ?% vaccination. Now? Well we want everyone vaccinated but restrictions will remain.  Is there a way out?

26 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

jesus, Australia and NZ seems to be OTT for their health policy, looks almost as bad as Thailand

overzealous actions are not stopping the virus anyhow, so they should give it up and open the gates ????

How many infection has Australia ?

Everyone is concerned with the delta variant breaking through vaccinated people.  I am reading that coming from doctors in multiple countries.  That is why they are saying the 2nd dose is more important now.  Without it you are still vulnerable to the delta variant.  Probably not so much to hospitalization but to feeling sick and passing it on.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

At what cost and for how long? I respect your opinion but I would hate to live or own a business in Victoria. 

Easy for politicians who have not missed 1 days work or 1 days pay to feign sympathy but are we looking for a way out or is zero covid the only acceptable outcome?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, starky said:

At what cost and for how long?.......

....... is zero covid the only acceptable outcome?

As long as it takes. 

Covid is here to stay they reckon so full world 2 vaccinations is the best outcome. 

They are looking into people having a 3rd.

14 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

does it matter? if they had close down the whole country and people will resort to heavy drinking and fall into deep depression, the long term damages is far worse

some early studies are addressing that issue already, like in the Middle age, the pre-empt treatment was far worse than the disease

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

As long as it takes. 

Covid is here to stay they reckon so full world 2 vaccinations is the best outcome. 

They are looking into people having a 3rd.

Contradicting yourself. Is it zero covid or is covid here to stay? As long as what takes?

• Haha 1