Can't Get Phuket Certificate of Entry

Philharmonic

I am applying for a Certificate of Entry to visit Phuket on July 6th 2021.  I've got all documents required but can't seem to get my COE approved ...

1) June 14 2021 Submitted first step application (vaccine, passport, visa, health insurance) - approved in one day no trouble

2) June 16 2021 Submitted second step application (hotel, flight) - rejected after three days for "incorrect flight number" presumably because I wrote "singapore airlines 726" instead of "SQ726".  I was invited to reapply.

3) June 19 2021 resubmitted exact same first step application - rejected after one day because "we do not accept insurance cards, you must submit proof of health insurance amount and duration."  What?  First of all, the card was on the first page of the 8 page document, the officer must not have scrolled to the second page.  Second of all, how was this perfectly fine the first time but not ok the second time?  I was invited to amend my application.

4)  June 20 resubmitted exact same application with health insurance details on first (visible) page instead of second page.  Now I wait.  

I've got first class tickets from Los Angeles and 14 days at the five star diamond cliff super luxury resort for $35 per night.  Perhaps it is too good to be true.

Has anyone gotten a successful COE for Phuket or am I wasting my time because the application process is just for show? 

As I understand it, COE's cannot be issued for Phuket (unless under the existing ASQ scheme) until the proposed "Phuket Sandbox" becomes official.   This will not be done until it becomes law by being published in the Royal Gazette.   If this happens, this should be sometime this week.

Incidentally, I just Google'd the Diamond Cliff resort, and it appears from their website that they are SHA approved, not SHA Plus which is what is required to participate in the "Phuket Sandbox".

• Thanks 1

Its still not in the COE system yet, some people claim to have pre approval for the COE, but the 1st step doesn’t mention accommodation, it only mentions

• Arrival date
  • Flight number
  • Vaccine information

The 2nd part cannot start because the System isn’t ready for the accommodation, which will be

SHA PLUS accommodation who will then send a Booking Authentication QR code to the Embassy or you upload this SHA PLUS BA to the embassy.

I expect this to start Friday 25th or Monday 28th 

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, pagallim said:

As I understand it, COE's cannot be issued for Phuket (unless under the existing ASQ scheme) until the proposed "Phuket Sandbox" becomes official.   This will not be done until it becomes law by being published in the Royal Gazette.   If this happens, this should be sometime this week.

Incidentally, I just Google'd the Diamond Cliff resort, and it appears from their website that they are SHA approved, not SHA Plus which is what is required to participate in the "Phuket Sandbox".

It's SHA+ hotel

Screenshot_20210623-203610_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:

i'm thinking virtual sandbox is the way to go now..

virtual 400 baht tuk tuk to big buddha

virtual 200 baht sun lounger

virtual 2000 baht seafood dinner

etc, etc..

all streamed via TAT's low speed servers..

????

Forgot virtual bumbum.

3,500Baht half an hour with second shot.

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2021 at 4:52 AM, Philharmonic said:

I am applying for a Certificate of Entry to visit Phuket on July 6th 2021.  I've got all documents required but can't seem to get my COE approved ...

Richard Barrow posted about it yesterday, saying that the terms for entry were not yet concluded, but he would post again when some news appeared.

I haven't seen anything new so far today, but you can follow Richard Barrow on both Facebook and Twitter, a good source of information for us farangs.

By the way, I can't stop wondering how all those thousands of tourists that TAT says are coming to Phuket under the Sandbox from next week got their COE...????

• Like 2

On 6/23/2021 at 10:46 AM, pagallim said:

That's all very good, but a 5 star resort at 35USD / night????? Is that the price to have a look at it?? Why would anyone thake this while traveling 1st class??

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Richard Barrow posted about it yesterday, saying that the terms for entry were not yet concluded, but he would post again when some news appeared.

I haven't seen anything new so far today, but you can follow Richard Barrow on both Facebook and Twitter, a good source of information for us farangs.

By the way, I can't stop wondering how all those thousands of tourists that TAT says are coming to Phuket under the Sandbox from next week got their COE...????

This morning was mentioned in " Thaiger " citing " Bangkok Post " the whole thing may get canceled????

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, khunPer said:

By the way,???? I can't stop wondering how all those thousands of tourists that TAT says are coming to Phuket under the Sandbox from next week got their COE...

By the way,???? I can't stop wondering how all those thousands of tourists that TAT says are coming to Phuket under the Sandbox from next week got their COE...

Word document, print, sign and off you go.

10 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

Official announcement ( printed in the gazette)  should be Monday. so u will need wait till them for ur coe

205334903_10158100869017050_561876999218

Nr 8

I imagine already the roaming charges for use of your phone abroad. 24 hours online that they can trace you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, jomtienisgood said:

This morning was mentioned in " Thaiger " citing " Bangkok Post " the whole thing may get canceled????

Of course it will.

And a big 555 to the OP. It's THAILAND 2021 what are you thinking?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

Yes, a repeat of an article a couple of days ago in the newspaper that cannot be mentioned here, just one of many statements that might not fit reality - it said something like that in case of escalation od the number of Covid  cases, the Phuket Sandbox might be cancelled, but nothing official - It needs to come from the top, to be valid.

However the government has before cancelled the shortened 7-days quarantine period due to escalation of Covid cases, so anything is possible in amazing Thailand...????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Word document, print, sign and off you go.

You need to have the COE approved by a Thai embassy, and so far they don't do it for Phuket Sandbox, according to posters...????

How the hell can 5 planes arrive on the 1st of July with a 1000 tourists according to TAT when you cant get a COE there is now so much BS surrounding this fabled sandpit I'm loosing the will to live thinking about how much money will be toast and still not be able to get there its descended into a money grabbing free for all again ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

How the hell can 5 planes arrive on the 1st of July with a 1000 tourists according to TAT when you cant get a COE there is now so much BS surrounding this fabled sandpit I'm loosing the will to live thinking about how much money will be toast and still not be able to get there its descended into a money grabbing free for all again ???? 

More like 5 aircraft with 100 tourists.

11 hours ago, khunPer said:

Yes, a repeat of an article a couple of days ago in the newspaper that cannot be mentioned here, just one of many statements that might not fit reality - it said something like that in case of escalation od the number of Covid  cases, the Phuket Sandbox might be cancelled, but nothing official - It needs to come from the top, to be valid.

However the government has before cancelled the shortened 7-days quarantine period due to escalation of Covid cases, so anything is possible in amazing Thailand...????

Indeed, not official. But the official regulations and demands are, as far as now, also not official.;

10 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Just prepare your shorts, spade and bucket.????????????