COVID / Health Insurance Requirements for Re-Entry into Thailand

I entered Thailand on a Non-O visa in 2014 on the basis of visiting my Thai child. I do not have a Retirement Visa

I receive yearly extensions from the Jomtien Immigration Office. I need to go to the USA late September; I will be able to renew my yearly extension and get a re-Entry Permit before I depart Thailand. I Intend to spend a few weeks in the USA. While in the USA, I will get COVID vaccine.

On the return journey, I plan to spend a week in The Netherlands. When I return to Thailand, I will continue to live here in Thailand with my family.

My specific questions are:

1.    How long must the COVID insurance cover last? it seems that currently this has to be for a year.

2.    If the insurance validity requirement is 12 months, is it reaonable to assume it is not required after one year?

3.    Based on my Non-O visa, my understanding is that I do not need the health insurance required for new retirement visas? The only insurance required is for COVID to get a COE – correct?

4.    For my return journey, do I have to get the COE etc. from The Netherlands or can it be done in the USA before I depart?

I trolled the internet for information – all I found was confusing and conflicting information

1. The covid 19 insurance only has to be valid to the day your re-entry permit expires.

2/3 No insurance is needed for you to apply for new extension. It is only needed for OA visas and the extension of the entry from one.

4. You will have to apply for the COE in the Netherlands.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will have to apply for the COE in the Netherlands.

Just wonder whether this could prove problematical in his case, unless he is a Dutch national (as well as, presumably, an American one). The RTE Hague's website appears to restrict the issue of COE's for tourism to Dutch nationals, but there is no mention as far as I can tell of existing non-immigrants planning to re-enter Thailand on the basis of re-entry permits:-

https://hague.thaiembassy.org/th/content/118896-measures-to-control-the-spread-of-covid-19?page=5f4d1bea74187b0491379162&menu=5f4cc50a4f523722e8027442

19 minutes ago, OJAS said:

The RTE Hague's website appears to restrict the issue of COE's for tourism to Dutch nationals, but there is no mention as far as I can tell of existing non-immigrants planning to re-enter Thailand on the basis of re-entry permits:-

That is only to have a visa issued.

A COE can be done in any country you are in. It is not based upon nationality or residence status.