Where get Covid test in Bangkok for overseas travel?

david_je

I need a PCR-RT test and need to get along with the report an independent certification that the lab is ISO 15189 qualified. This required for entry to Hong Kong.

Has anyone found a good, affordable, convenient place to do this?

5 hours ago, UTH001 said:

I used the Thai Travel Clinic (Mahidol University), Bt. 3,000, result next morning.

In addition to test report, did they provide a separate certification from outside agency or gov't that their lab is ISO 15189? I need that separate certification. Thanks.

1 hour ago, david_je said:

In addition to test report, did they provide a separate certification from outside agency or gov't that their lab is ISO 15189? I need that separate certification. Thanks.

No, they do not, never knew that such a thing was necessary. Qatar Airways was perfectly happy with what I got (test result and medical report).

Surely people don't wait till 3 days before their flight to get a one and only test. I'm just now deciding whether to leave LOS, and it seems the FIRST thing to do is get a test to make sure I'm not asymptomatic, and then start all the planning and airline booking, hoping that the pre-flight test will not be different. Comments?

Not cheap, but Blez can test you at home.

We have launched a new service of COVID-19 PCR test using saliva.

You can take the test at home or at work.

Laboratory staff will visit you on your appointment date&time to collect your saliva.

We will notify your results via e-mail in 24 to 48 hours after collecting your saliva.

https://blez-clinic.com/en/covid-pcr-test-using-saliva/

14 minutes ago, Enzian said:

Surely people don't wait till 3 days before their flight to get a one and only test. I'm just now deciding whether to leave LOS, and it seems the FIRST thing to do is get a test to make sure I'm not asymptomatic, and then start all the planning and airline booking, hoping that the pre-flight test will not be different. Comments?

When you get covid, you will usually only test positive for about 7 days, then you are better and will test negative.  No reason to get a test far in advance.  Even if you had covid before booking you would likely be over it by the time you take your preflight test.

Most airline tickets are changeable or refundable for free these days anyway.  

• 6 months later...
On 1/18/2022 at 3:50 PM, david_je said:

I used the Thai Travel Clinic (Mahidol Univ), a short walk from Democracy Monument BTS. All went fine; I told them ahead of time I needed the ISO document also and they provided.

https://www.thaitravelclinic.com/

I just contacted them by email, and they responded with:

2.Our hospital is the government hospital. Our laboratory procedure is standardize by the government, but we cannot provide the proving certificate.

Are you able to share the certificate they provided to you?

On 1/21/2022 at 8:42 AM, DannyBoi32 said:

I just contacted them by email, and they responded with:

Are you able to share the certificate they provided to you?

They use AFRIMS lab across the street, and I got attached from either Travel Clinic or AFRIMS website. Note that it has expired accreditation date, but I did present it to airline with the Ministry of Public Health document linked in mtls's post above, and the Travel Clinic test certificate (I had the clinic write on the certificate that they use the AFRIMS lab). I flew Cathay Pacific and at that time, August 2021, just the Ministry document was sufficient actually.

ISO AFRIMS.pdf