What is the latest regulations regarding Thais travelling domestic to Phuket

Felt 35

Only 1 AZ jab when 'foreign' tourists need 2? Wonder how many foreign tourists will realise this before they come and that 1 jab applies- maybe- to the rest of Thailand. And I can't even get 1 jab let alone 2 despite being 75 with prexisting health conditions

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Only 1 AZ jab when 'foreign' tourists need 2? Wonder how many foreign tourists will realise this before they come and that 1 jab applies- maybe- to the rest of Thailand. And I can't even get 1 jab let alone 2 despite being 75 with prexisting health conditions

Not sure that is correct...I thought the same rules applied to both expats and Thais for domestic tourists?????

Either way I also am still awaiting my first AZ jab which was postponed and I haven't even got a new appointment date.

I am aged 63 and live on Samui so must admit I am not looking forward to tourists arriving anytime soon, which some might under the ""Sealed Route" scheme?

I certainly wont be travelling to Phuket until I have a least had both AZ jabs or a 2nd "Alternative" jab so probably 2022 at the earliest!

Edited by Mario666

6 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

International arrivals in Phuket, both Thai and foreigner, need to be fully vaccinated according to their manufacturers guidelines.  Domestic arrivals, both Thai and foreigner, can enter Phuket having had one (1) jab of AstraZeneca.  This is due to a vaccination shortage in Thailand.  Of the two vaccines that are available for administration in Thailand AstraZeneca has a greater efficacy following a single dose than Sinovac, which has a particularly low efficacy with just one dose.

• Like 1

Just now, Mario666 said:

Not sure that is correct...I thought the same rules applied to both expats and Thais for domestic tourists?????

The same rules for vaccination apply to both Thais and foreigners, although some apparently don't know that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Which raises the question , how much do you value your life ? will you entrust it to the Thai medical system ? or maybe time to take a break and return to your home country for 2 jabs and high protection ?