Watching USA, EU and U.K. news in Thailand

elektrified

For the last few years since we got our new Samsung TV, I've been watching my news channels using our magicsee Iron Android box loaded with Live NetTV and Mobdro. Something happened a few months back and Mobdro stopped working altogether in Thailand. Live NetTV continued to work well, and at some point during an update I was even offered an ad-free version which was great. Live NetTV offered us everything we wanted; CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, CBS, Discovery Channel, History Channel, National Geographic, Animal Planet, PBS. BBC, Sky News, etc. They offered cooking shows from around the world that we liked. Some channels were in Thai and some in English.

About 3-4 weeks ago, google kept displaying a message to uninstall the Live NetTV App immediately, and then constant nagging reminders. Then, a few days ago Google disabled the Live NetTV App on its own and displayed a message "Live NetTV has been disabled because it is harmful to your system". They even deleted the shortcut to the App. Initially I was able to get around it by going into the settings and launching the App from the "Apps" folder. Suddenly it has been hidden and I can't launch it anymore. I tried to download it again and re-install it, but google aborted the download on its own and gave the message "........installation aborted because the App is harmful to your system" (or something like that).

Can Live NetTV no longer be used? Is it really harmful? What other apps are out there were we can get the same channels above?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2 hours ago, Salerno said:

Thanks for that link. I'm aware that there are at least one or possibly two other websites that try and trick you into downloading a fake Live NetTV app and stealing all of your data. I'm certain the App we had was the real one. I will try turning off Google protect, re-install the App and then turn the Google protect back on.

You Tube (aljazeera, france24, euronews, trt world, abc news - us and australia, sky news, cna live - singapore, bloomberg live, rt live)

All those pirate app streams are unreliable and risky.

Edited by userabcd