Mum leaves her seven year old daughter at Bang Saen beach after misunderstanding

webfact

Never trust the Thai Grandparents and expect ‘western’ standards of responsibility.

Thai grandparents are simply innocently ignorant to responsibility, and it appears some Thai Parents. 

I got caught out once: 

We were out for dinner at an outdoor community style shopping mall with the Grandparents, my Son was 3. 

Both Grandparents walked out of the restaurant with my Son without saying anything. 

I stopped them an asked where they were going.... into a nearby shop was the reply.

I asked my Wife why the need to take our son with them, and then figured, what can go wrong, they are adults and they’ll only be next door.

3 mins later my son walks back to the restaurant alone - Grandmother figured Grandfather was watching my Son, Grandmother figured Grandfather was watching my son, they’d both gone off to the Toilet alone thinking my Son was with the other. 

I was absolutely livid....  Grandparents had not been trusted alone with my Son before that, they were never trusted alone with our Son again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IraqRon said:

Same thing happened to me as a child three times when on vacation with the family.

Well the do say third time is the charm. Did you ever find out where they escaped to?  ????

Taught my son both my wife's and my phone numbers in case such a situation should occur. I'm hoping that myself and my wife are never dumb enough for this to ever happen, but I can recall a friend's kid getting into a lift at central before his parents could get in. It can happen to the best of us.  It's not ideal, but knowing a phone number may save a lot of stress.

• Like 1

At the beach alone. These panicky moments do occur. I lost my 20 year old daughter in Istanbul while we were boarding a ferry to Hydrapasha. She had got on earlier, but she could have been wandering that lonely ferry depot in Gelaty.

Edited by Mayhem11

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Not quite as bad???.......but I once drove to work with all three kids in the back of the car.......they were one, three and four years old.....fast asleep.......I was supposed to drop them off with a child minder

It was winter on the N.York Moors so no chance of them overheating.......got to work.........after 30 mins a secretary sheepishly asked if I knew all the kids were still in the back of the car...............never told the wife to this day!!!!

Well by TV being so popular she must know now ????

3 hours ago, IraqRon said:

Come on you guys, perfectly understandable given the circumstances.  Glad all turned out ok.  Same thing happened to me as a child three times when on vacation with the family.

Maybe your family was sending you a message. ????

• Like 1

Well at least she was not left in a car.

USA has about 40 DEAD kids/year left in car and forgotten, fried.

It happens everywhere in the world, however i think incredible.

Surelynot even proves it, not in heat but cold, as winters in NY can be cold, then you also can die.

Happily he had a secretary, reminding him on the cargo.

• Like 1

Innocently happened to me a long time ago [before mobile phones].

Went night time fishing with my father & brother to a beach about 30 minutes drive from home.

About 3am we decided to give it rest and go home, walked back to the car in a grassy un-lit area at the top of the cliff, stashed all the stuff in the boot.

I opened the back door to get in, then decided to have a quick pee before going home.

As i was away from the car in the dark they drove off without me. 

Dad came back about an hour later, they'd made it home before realising I wasn't there, brother had gone to sleep in seconds as per normal and Dad just stayed quiet thinking I'd done the same in the back seat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Don't bash too hard.

More than once in Germany a family member been forgotten at the service area.

This is a true story. A Polish person living in Germany died and the family decided to take him back to Poland for burial, secured on the roof of the car in some way. I think it was an expense thing more than anything. And on the way they stopped at a service station and the car was stolen. A good friend who knew the family told me this and I have no reason to doubt it, but I don't remember asking how it ended. I assume the car and/or the body were recovered. What they were doing, by the way, is illegal I think, but they took a chance.

• Haha 2