Phuket Authorities Set Rules for Foreign Tourists from Europe and the USA

webfact

19 minutes ago, vivananahuahin said:

Only with Thai airways flights?

That is two days running now the governor has only mentioned the five Thai airways flights from Europe. Does anybody know any different? I am looking to fly soon from Dubai with Emirates.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

That is two days running now the governor has only mentioned the five Thai airways flights from Europe. Does anybody know any different? I am looking to fly soon from Dubai with Emirates.

he is only looking at the European visitors, not those from the Middle East (Qatar, Emirates, El Al and Singapore are the other airlines)

• Like 1

Also again no mention of the tracking device, in the UK on Sky they were talking about an APP for a phone, but you can forget your phone in the hotel room, a tracking device can be seen by everyone, so they know who and what you are, also you can turn the WIFI or Mobile Data off on a phone....

Edited by beano2274
  • Like 1

the Thai flights might run into issues if the UK adds Thailand to the Red List.

Then the European People could decide to place Thailand on their Red list (each Country then can decide if they follow suit), then that only leaves flights from Qatar, Singapore, Emirates and El Al (maybe Etihad as well). Could be another disaster raising its head.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, beano2274 said:

Also again no mention of the tracking device, in the UK on Sky they were talking about an APP for a phone, but you can forget your phone in the hotel room, a tracking device can be seen by everyone, so they know who and what you are, also you can turn the WIFI or Mobile Data off on a phone....

8 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

People who live in Thailand and need to come back, and whose only other choice is 14 day confinement in a single hotel room. For them, it makes sense (though these new rules limiting flights, if true, will greatly curtail their numbers).

Makes no sense at all for other than returning expats.

The conditions i saw only stated tourists. They are now mentioning thais.

Perhaps they are going to have to change from just tourists so that they can get some people to come.

Edited by jojothai
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The UK is today announcing their new updated travel list and which countries you need to do quarantine when you return to the UK, I suspect Thailand will be moved onto this list, lets see, we'll know in a few hours.

Thai on amber already, so have to do 10 day home quarantine anyway. Only move could be to hotel quarantine.

• Like 2

I just got confirmation from Emirates airline for my flight form DXB to HKT with a list of "things to do" before travel. Quite a list as you know ????!!. Below is the list of low and medium risk countries from where travel for vaccinated tourists / returnees is allowed. It is only in Thai, updated daily and it is the left and centre columns for anybody interested.

thailand-country-risk-categorisation.pdf

3 hours ago, webfact said:

On arrival, visitors will be tested again for COVID-19 at Phuket airport. They will then have to wait in their hotel room for the result. If negative, they can go out.

Have the test prices been given?

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

So, they will need to be fully vacinnated?

Yes !

But a Thai who has been fully vaccinated only probably has had One shot of Sinovac.

This of course , will only give them about  3 % Immunity against Covid.

1 hour ago, Rhacsyn said:

I just got confirmation from Emirates airline for my flight form DXB to HKT with a list of "things to do" before travel. Quite a list as you know ????!!. Below is the list of low and medium risk countries from where travel for vaccinated tourists / returnees is allowed. It is only in Thai, updated daily and it is the left and centre columns for anybody interested.

thailand-country-risk-categorisation.pdf 201.82 kB · 14 downloads

Interestingly, Thailand itself is on the "high risk" list (right hand column)...