Intra-Province travel from Chon Buri to Chiang Mai by car...Covid Restrictions ???

WaveHunter

I've googled extensively and can find nothing on this, and nothing on this forum which is usually a font of information on subjects like this. 

All I know for certain is that Chiang Mai province is currently a "yellow" zone so there are minimal restrictions..

What I don't know is if there will be restrictions on entering the province from Chon Buri which is currently a red zone (i.e.: if quarantine will be imposed). 

I also don't know if special "travel documents" will be necessary or if Covid testing before I start my trip would be required.

Kind of surprises me that none of this information can be found by googling, so I'm relying on Thai VIsa members who may have travelled recently to fill me in.

I'd appreciate that a lot.

Edited by WaveHunter

At the risk of only answering part of the question I flew from Bangkok to CM recently. I left ASQ as directed by the hotel and went straight to Swampy. I had about five bits of paperwork confirming I was virus free. At check in I was asked for nothing, nor did I volunteer anything.

The only hiccup was on arrival at CM I went to register with the Thailand Plus app but you needed Mor Chana. No mention of any quarantine in CM.

1 hour ago, Greenwich Boy said:

At the risk of only answering part of the question I flew from Bangkok to CM recently. I left ASQ as directed by the hotel and went straight to Swampy. I had about five bits of paperwork confirming I was virus free. At check in I was asked for nothing, nor did I volunteer anything.

The only hiccup was on arrival at CM I went to register with the Thailand Plus app but you needed Mor Chana. No mention of any quarantine in CM.

Are you saying you came into the Kingdom from overseas and were in quarantine in Bangkok before boarding the flight to CNX? 

BTW, are you from Greenwich CT by any chance?  I grew up there ????

14 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Are you saying you came into the Kingdom from overseas and were in quarantine in Bangkok before boarding the flight to CNX? 

BTW, are you from Greenwich CT by any chance?  I grew up there ????

Yes I arrived in Thailand from the UK did my quarantine and then flew directly to CM. The only checks here in CM that I have seen are temperature measurements although I have not really gone far.

I am from Greenwich SE10 the home of Meantime and all that so a different one????

5 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Yes I arrived in Thailand from the UK did my quarantine and then flew directly to CM. The only checks here in CM that I have seen are temperature measurements although I have not really gone far.

I am from Greenwich SE10 the home of Meantime and all that so a different one????

How recently was your trip up to Chiang Mai from Bangkok?

1 hour ago, lordblackader said:

Dark-red zone, not a red zone. Currently only four provinces - Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani and Samut Prakan.

Do you know of any specific links that describe current Chiang Mai restrictions?  I'm usually pretty good with Google searches but can not find a single thing on this (including the TAT site) that is more recent than January 2021.

51 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

10 days ago. Thai Smile. Flight was full but no checks and I volunteered nothing but my passport. 

Cool!  I wasn't aware there was any domestic air travel presently.  I checked AirAsia website and no flights between BKK and CNX were available on any date.

My situation though is that I plan to drive by car, so I really need to figure out things like:

• If I need to be tested before starting my trip
  • What special paperwork I might need to get for the trip
  • What difficulties I might have crossing provincial borders, especially Chiang Mai Province
  • Etc

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

There are no restriction. But Chonburi people are suppose to Quarantine or report or call the local number in some provinces. They have started having police check again but this is for giving tickets not checking for corvid. 

17 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Cool!  I wasn't aware there was any domestic air travel presently.  I checked AirAsia website and no flights between BKK and CNX were available on any date.

My situation though is that I plan to drive by car, so I really need to figure out things like:

• If I need to be tested before starting my trip
  • What special paperwork I might need to get for the trip
  • What difficulties I might have crossing provincial borders, especially Chiang Mai Province
  • Etc

From this list I think maybe it better you stay home.  

I drove from Pattaya to kon kaen a week ago, (red to yellow zone) there were no checks, it's meant to be 14 day home quarantine, but it's not being enforced, and everyone in the village is very relaxed about it, we had 1 temperature check, and gave details of where we had come from.

• Thanks 1