US Navy still due in August.?

rott

The annual “Cobra Gold” Thailand-US military training exercise will be adjusted down in terms of participating personnel and types of drills, military commander-in-chief General Chalermpol Srisawat said on Wednesday.

“The adjustment aims to make the programme more suitable with the current Covid-19 situation,” he said.

The training exercise will be divided into three parts and runs from July 12 to August 13.

One is the Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief Tabletop Exercise (HADR TTX) scheduled from July 12 to August 12 in Rayong and Sa Kaeo.

The other includes a military staff exercise (STAFFEX) and cyber exercise (Cyber-X), scheduled from August 2-13 at the Royal Thai Naval Air Division in Rayong.

The third part is land and sea training exercises from August 2-13 in Krabi, Chiang Mai, Lopburi, Rayong and Surin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, champers said:

The big UK aicraft carrier plus support vessels is on its way to the region. Did I read somewhere that they were due to visit here as well?

World War 3 with China will probably be underway soon and we will all forget about Covid.

Viral warfare could be part of it?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

The other includes a military staff exercise (STAFFEX) and cyber exercise (Cyber-X), scheduled from August 2-13 at the Royal Thai Naval Air Division in Rayong.

The girls in Bang Chang will be happy.

1 hour ago, ehs818 said:

Maybe this year the Cobra Gold activities could be curtailed and a hospital/vaccination effort would be conducted instead. Use several ships to conduct the vaccinations and offer it all as a humanitarian effort!!

No shore leave.  That should go over like a lead balloon.  They'll need to have a drag show to boost morale. 

2 hours ago, elgenon said:

Viral warfare could be part of it?

Sadly 'viral' and cyber' warfare is the future.

Countries who don't have 'military might' may be the biggest threat; as they aren't being distracted by needing to buy aircraft carriers/submarines/high-tech aircraft; to keep their citizens employed.

2 hours ago, ehs818 said:

Maybe this year the Cobra Gold activities could be curtailed and a hospital/vaccination effort would be conducted instead. Use several ships to conduct the vaccinations and offer it all as a humanitarian effort!

Make sure they vaccinate all US expats first!

7 hours ago, champers said:

The big UK aicraft carrier plus support vessels is on its way to the region. Did I read somewhere that they were due to visit here as well?

World War 3 with China will probably be underway soon and we will all forget about Covid.

An article in the Pattaya Mail of 7th May mentioned it and also the r&r aspect. The Deputy Mayor gave the assurances I quoted in my OP. 

US Navy still due in August.?

Are you looking forward to enjoying some American Seamen?  LOL

More of my hard earned tax dollars going to waste.  Drones and airstrikes are the future of war. 

Computers can launch missiles or fire artillery, sailors unnecessary in the 21st century IMO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

Get them to bring vaccines! Better use of taxpayers money than pointless exercises with Thai Military!

If it's a US Aircraft Carrier and loaded with vaccines they could do Thailand and Vietnam together. Too much sense  I guess we will just have to wait until the Chinese carrier comes.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Caspersfriend said:

Sadly 'viral' and cyber' warfare is the future.

Countries who don't have 'military might' may be the biggest threat; as they aren't being distracted by needing to buy aircraft carriers/submarines/high-tech aircraft; to keep their citizens employed.

You mean like America? Congresspeople have to get the pork for their states. They buy stuff the military doesn't want or need. Hurts me in the wallet.