Multiple entry Visa

Hi all, I have been working and now have savings and would like to travel to see my boyfriend who lives in Thailand. I would like to get a multiple entry visa however I will not be employed at the time of my visa application. However this is one of the requirements and I was wondering if  anyone has suggestions on how I can get round this? Thanks. 

A multiple entry non immigrant visa only allows unlimited a 90 day entries and at this time that are not practical due to the problems encountered traveling to another country and returning to get a new 90 day entry.

Multiple entry non immigrant visas are not easy to apply for since the are only issued for specific reasons and many Thai embassies and official consulate will not issue them,

At this time the multiple entry tourist visa is not available.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EveCCCCCC said:

Hi, is this the same for tourist visa? Thanks 

At this time you can only get a single entry tourist visa that will allow a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

It is difficult to provide advice without knowing your age, and the degree to which cost is an important consideration for you. If you are absolutely loaded, the Thailand Elite program allows people of any age to spend long periods in Thailand, while exiting and re-entering at will. The cost deters most people. If over 50, you can be in Thailand as a retiree if willing to deposit 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account. For younger people, there are some other options, sometimes involving the use of dodgy agents.

I'm 24, have just finished a university degree and have savings of £20,000. I have everything for a Multiple entry tourist visa apart from proof of employment as I am leaving my job to travel. Any help is really appreciated! 

2 hours ago, EveCCCCCC said:

I'm 24, have just finished a university degree and have savings of £20,000. I have everything for a Multiple entry tourist visa apart from proof of employment as I am leaving my job to travel. Any help is really appreciated! 

They stopped issuing Multiple entry tourist visas, doesn't matter if you have a job or not.

i see the only way would be visa exempt or tourist visa with normal extensions and/or covid extensions,

you would need a COE, best to look at the the Thai embassy website in your own country, also required would be $100,000 usd covid insurance and covid test before flying, not really a good time to visit Thailand, maybe things will be different in a few months with all the 'sandboxes' etc. coming into play, all land borders are closed to non Thais.

I would suggest you enter visa exempt, and get whatever extensions are on offer that are easy to get (for sure, the regular 30-day extension, plus currently 60-day Covid extensions). To stay long term, consider becoming an English teacher. Without experience or special qualifications, the job is neither satisfying or well paid, but is easy to get. Other than this, at some point, you are likely to need the assistance of an agent or well connected school to get volunteer or education visa/extension. It depends on how long you decide to stay.

A word of warning: $20,000 could allow you to live frugally in Thailand for quite a long time. However, most foreigners who have not previously spent a lot of time here burn through money fast. Make a firm decision to leave if your funds drop to $5,000.

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

At this time you can only get a single entry tourist visa that will allow a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

But can you get a job or start a course after entering on a single tourist visa? 

3 minutes ago, Durning said:

But can you get a job or start a course after entering on a single tourist visa? 

You can change to a non-b visa after finding employment at a school or a company at immgiration.

Also a non-ed visa if attending a formal school.

13 hours ago, steve187 said:

i see the only way would be visa exempt or tourist visa with normal extensions and/or covid extensions,

Can you get a covid extension on a tourist visa?  If so, how does that work.  60 day + 30 day normal extension.  Then what?

11 minutes ago, thaiman said:

Can you get a covid extension on a tourist visa?  If so, how does that work.  60 day + 30 day normal extension.  Then what?

Just prior to 30 day 'normal extension' ends you obtain a covid extension 60 days

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no limit for them as long as they are still doing them.

So, one can enter into Thailand now on a 60 day Tourist Visa,and go through the 15 day quarantine, then use the 'covid' extension after the initial 60 days for another 30days? then keep doing the 30 days indefinitley? Is this correct?

16 minutes ago, thaiman said:

So, one can enter into Thailand now on a 60 day Tourist Visa,and go through the 15 day quarantine, then use the 'covid' extension after the initial 60 days for another 30days? then keep doing the 30 days indefinitley? Is this correct?

The covid 19 extensions are for 60 days.

They will be issued for as long as the order for them is extended. The current extension ends on July 29th.

15 minutes ago, thaiman said:

The Covid extensions are 60 days. You will not be able to do them indefinitely, but it is currently unknown when Immigration will cease issuing them. They are very likely to be available at least through September, and possibly much longer.

• Like 1