Re-entry Permit. Suvarnabhumi Airport??

Hi 

I may have to travel back to the UK very soon! 

Can anyone confirm that you can still purchase Re-entry Permit at Suvarnabhumi? As of June 2021. Non O visa. 

What do I need and how much? Any information most welcome. 

Cheers 

Gee

Yes you can obtain reentry permit at BKK airport.

They have a service of filling in form and providing pic. 200baht. 

Alternatively download TM8 form and do it yourself.

Single reentry is 1000baht

Multiple 3800baht.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for that information! 

It doesn't close at night or anything like that... Or Covid-19 issues? 

I really need to keep my visa.... I don't want any problems with it! 

Any more info or experiences much appreciated....? 

Cheers 

Gee 

3 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

The simple no risk way is to go to immigration before you leave and do it there????

That is what I did, very easy.  

Both immigration and airport is no risk.

You have your permission of stay stamp. 

The reentry permit simply protects reentry until that date.

Folk posting that immigration is foolproof, while true almost implies that airport has some risk. That's incorrect. Exactly same docs required which is just few photocopies and TM8. 

Obviously you allow small amount of time to process. In these times very minor. 

Unless your very handy to your immigration office grab it at airport.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dwagner said:

At the airport (BKK) - is the re-entry permit done before you clear through passport control or after. If before, where is it located? Thanks...

The re-entry permit desk is after security in immigration zone 2 before the departure immigration desks at Suvarnabhumi airport. 

46 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You have your permission of stay stamp. 

The reentry permit simply protects reentry until that date.

Folk posting that immigration is foolproof, while true almost implies that airport has some risk. That's incorrect. Exactly same docs required which is just few photocopies and TM8. 

Obviously you allow small amount of time to process. In these times very minor. 

Unless your very handy to your immigration office grab it at airport.

The risk at the airport is if you're running late for a flight and there's a lot of people trying to get re-entry permit ( although this is unlikely nowadays ).

• Like 1

Added note. 

If you think you will be renewing your passport after obtaining your reentry permit then it's best to obtain reentry permit at your imm office.

The reason being that the stamp can only be transferred where it was originally issued. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

On 6/25/2021 at 1:41 AM, DrJack54 said:

The risk at the airport is if you don't know where it is you may miss it and go too far, and then it is too late.

22 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

The risk at the airport is if you don't know where it is you may miss it and go too far, and then it is too late.

There are ways of messing up when using Immigration also if you do not know what you are doing. As an example, people have purchased a re-entry permit, then later another extension. They have left Thailand assuming the old re-entry permit is still valid. You cannot make this mistake if you get a re-entry permit at the airport. That is not to say you must get the re-entry permit at the airport, just pointing out that there is no 100% reliable solution if you are a dozy idiot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuvoc said:

That's what's thaivisa is for. Ask.

So at BKK airport the reentry permit is obtained in zone 2 just after security check and PRIOR to passport control.

At DMK the reentry permit desk is just after passport control. You can see the office from the passport desk.

At DMK I always mention it to the imm officer as they often remind you about reentry permit and notice that you have an annual extension but no reentry permit.

On 6/24/2021 at 10:43 PM, DrJack54 said:

They have a service of filling in form and providing pic. 200baht. 

IMHO the OP (and others intending to obtain their re-entry permit at the airport) would be strongly advised to arm themselves with a few paper mugshots in case the machine for taking the photos is broken. This has been known to happen on the basis of at least 1 report on here which I can recall from admittedly a few years ago.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OJAS said:

IMHO the OP (and others intending to obtain their re-entry permit at the airport) would be strongly advised to arm themselves with a few paper mugshots in case the machine for taking the photos is broken. This has been known to happen on the basis of at least 1 report on here which I can recall from admittedly a few years ago.

Immigration have their own rules when they are doing it on your behalf. A photocopy of your ID page from passport will suffice.

I agree with the mug shots. Always have a stash.

• 7 months later...

Weird question here: When I extended my Non-O in Dec. at CW I bought a single re-entry permit before leaving the building. In pre-Covid times I would have got a multi but the odds are 90% I will only have one exit and entry this year. So if I go to Swampy in say June and figure I will be able to return, and then exit and enter again before Dec., can I buy another single on my way to boarding so that I'm pre-loaded with a spare for another trip before renewal? (In hindsight I should have got a multi, and will next renewal.)

2 minutes ago, Enzian said:

Weird question here: When I extended my Non-O in Dec. at CW I bought a single re-entry permit before leaving the building. In pre-Covid times I would have got a multi but the odds are 90% I will only have one exit and entry this year. So if I go to Swampy in say June and figure I will be able to return, and then exit and enter again before Dec., can I buy another single on my way to boarding so that I'm pre-loaded with a spare for another trip before renewal? (In hindsight I should have got a multi, and will next renewal.)

You can only have one valid re-entry permit in your passport. They would not do one in your case.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only have one valid re-entry permit in your passport. They would not do one in your case.

So that's an almost irrefutable argument for only ever spending the few extra $ for a multi, skip the singles. What's my time worth? I would want to go to an office, my nerves would not tolerate waiting till the airport. Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Travel and airports are stressful enough and it's all too easy to forget the stamp.

TBH if I was going to the airport without a re-entry permit it would be the main thing on my mind so very difficult to forget. I would also be thankful I hadn't wasted a whole day getting one from CW immigration office. Each to their own methods.

25 minutes ago, big dendrobenaes said:

no idea i am not going anywhere.....

also when get re entry permit at either airport one gets "fast tracked " thru passport control

well I did at both of them

I've done reentry permits at DMK.

Never was fast tracked.

Anyway note to anyone that has not obtained reentry permits at airports....be aware that the office at BKK airport is just prior to passport control (zone 2)

At DMK the office is just on other side of passport control. You can see the office just behind the io.

4 hours ago, Woof999 said:

If at all possible I would always advise getting the re-entry stamp from the local immigration office. Travel and airports are stressful enough and it's all too easy to forget the stamp. As soon as you've got the exit stamp at the airport, your visa is effectively cancelled. Too late to go back and get the re-entry stamp.

You can still get a re-entry permit after getting the exit stamp. (Indeed, at Don Muang, that is normal.) It becomes impossible once you actually board your flight to leave Thailand. I ensure I will never forget a re-entry permit by keeping a post-it note next to my data page in my passport with Re-entry Permit! in big red letters written on it.