Pushback against Asian foods being portrayed as disgusting on U.S. late night t.v. show

Jingthing

People I work with, majority male old white  will often say things they think are funny not feeling it is racist in an aspect of white privledge. Almost anytime I say for example Chinese food they say something about cats. My response,  is my most serious deadpan as if I think they're serious and I ask them about the price of chicken related as an opportunity cost as a business if it is really effective for Chinese restaurants to spend time trapping skinny alley cats? 

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Confused 2

Sometimes on Thaivisa they make fun of Australians for eating vegemite - it is upsetting but I soldier on. 

They're just having a laugh. If anything those type of stories are a bit cliched - the youtube channels get boring where they watch reactions to new foods, some old song they never heard, etc.

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Sometimes on Thaivisa they make fun of Australians for eating vegemite - it is upsetting but I soldier on. 

They're just having a laugh. If anything those type of stories are a bit cliched - the youtube channels get boring where they watch reactions to new foods, some old song they never heard, etc.

Richard Pryor or maybe it was Lenny Bruce said comedians can say whatever they want but it "better be funny". So maybe in 2021 it is time to the forget bigoted cliches. Long ago as a pilot I got tired of the "oy vey" mentioned about Fort Lauderdale/PBI (every single time without exception) or entering Japanese airspace exact details of atomic bombings or the Doolittle raid.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 2

Another case of BS outrage from the cancel/woke/illiberal crowd that wake up each morning scouring the internet for things to get offended by. I detest them as much as I detest the MAGA crow. To this crowd if you say you eat balut it's a case of cultural appropriation and if you say it's vile you're culturally insensitive.

Every time one of those "outragees" find one more thing that twist their hyper-sensitive titties you can hear a dozen additional MAGA hats being donned.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think as you get older (and a small minority get wiser) you look on this type of humor with a very jaundiced eye.....it is weak and rather pathetic......I guess when you are younger (or just plain stupid) it might be seen as acceptable or even amusing.

• Like 1