Video: No tourists but some of the beaches in Thailand are filthy with trash

webfact

There used to be a lot of this stuff on Patong after a big blow, I think most of it came from the fishing boats that you could see on the horizon every night, you’d need heavy hand and foot protection when cleaning it up, it was full of used syringes. ????

Edited by harada
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

I never understand why anyone dumps garbage into the sea. This is just below common sense and any sight of intelligence.,

Cruise ships did it for years, not sure if they still do.

32 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Cruise ships did it for years, not sure if they still do.

The big western lines are very much geared up not to pollute.....it becomes a big selling point for them......and they have to comply with various laws.

I imagine cargo ships....obv's much less waste......dump everything straight into the sea.

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 2

I walked on Kata beach this morning. The southern half had more trash than the average tourist would be comfortable with and there was a line of tarballs that you had to be careful of constantly. The northern half was pretty clear of both, the current sweeps stuff to the southern half.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, realfunster said:

It depresses me when I see a dirty beach, so I sometimes fill a carrier bag or two up with trash that I find.

Done this as far south as Chumphon and various spots all the way around the Gulf of Thailand to Koh Chang. I was particularly OCD at one resort in Koh Chang and filled up 4 cement bags with junk.????

Based on my less than scientific analysis, I estimate the rubbish in the Gulf is 90%+ in Thai script. 

Good job Sherlock  Holmes wish there were more people like you 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Live in a condo, central BKK and cannot believe the amount of fast food business ......does no one cook or feed themselves?........Grab and Panda constantly queued outside waiting for people to pick up their orders.

Same in many countries.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, WineOh said:

Just yesterday I witnessed an old local lady dump a black bin bag full of empty bottles into the canal.

There is just no cure for stupid.

They live in a different world........some nice houses being built out in the sticks by the locals........Isan......european style.........and outside is just a total mess.....bins overflowing, rubble, building waste.....????

• Like 2