It's not a lockdown! Govt spokesman says new rules are to stop travel just as travel increases

webfact

2 hours ago, Surelynot said:

It is going to get worse.........the workers are being offered half pay and free food if they remain in Bangkok.....so they will all be coming back Monday/Tuesday.........you couldn't write this stuff.

I think it's going to get a lot, lot worse once this Delta variant takes hold. Far more infectious for the young.

In the UK it is spreading quickly in the classrooms.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2021/06/1094852

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I think it's going to get a lot, lot worse once this Delta variant takes hold. Far more infectious for the young.

In the UK it is spreading quickly in the classrooms.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2021/06/1094852

100%.......We ain't seen nothin' yet..........Once the delta variant takes off we could be looking at another India.......as you say.......even with the Uk's efforts to vaccinate they are still neck and neck virus versus vaccine.

In Khlong Toei at the moment and watching the numbers............going to give it another few days and then think we will decamp to the sticks.

40 minutes ago, HarrySeaman said:

My wife is living in a small town in Chainat province, which is in mid-Thailand, so she can take care of her ailing father.  I spoke to her this morning and she told me that several construction workers had returned to her small town from their work places in BKK after the work sites were shut down.  Worse yet, they are not isolating themselves but carrying on as normal, visiting markets, friends, and the temples

Yes, mass exodus from Bangkok construction sites. Inter provincial travel full on. I think chocolate teapot is a good description.

• Like 1

Lets tell everybody on Saturday that we will lock down the Migrant camps on Monday, most will do a runner and that will stop Bkk hospitals from over flowing, yes but what happens if the migrants and others leaving Bkk spread the virus, don't ask hypothetical questions.

• Like 1

Not looking good for Somchai and co.

5000 cases a day, Delta variant will become dominant shortly and is MUCH MORE efficient with transmission, could see 10 or 20k a day easily by mid-July after this ludicrous sandbox plan comes to fruition.

Simply put. They are <deleted>.

Sincerley

MORRIS

Ex Bar Owner, Speaks Thai, Laos

Wife <our Thai News source> informed me that people in Bangkok are heading to Chiang Mai and starting to buy condos and rent property in an effort to split the Red Zone (and of course bring the viruses to the North).
They are right about one thing.  Asking nice and polite that people (pretty please) don't engage in inter-provincial is not a lock-down.  Locking foreign factory workers into their plants is a lockdown.  That's just for dirty migrants.  Clean Thais from Dark-Red Zones are free to travel just like Songkran - and just like Songkran there will be a spike in Covid nationally.
Who's to blame?  That's easy.  The same people as before.  It's almost like the goal is to get Covid infections widespread.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

And these generals are supposed to protect Thailand in the event of a military attack... theyd be lucky if enemy would laugh themselves to death ????

Fakers.

Generals should be experts in the supply chain. 

Totally useless waist of medals for these wanna be "generals".

• Like 2

11 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

“Meanwhile he was forced to admit that the so-called Beta variant, a new strain that originated in Africa, has now been detected in the far south. “

no need to look so far.BP is reporting a case in Bangkok.

As has been the case elsewhere, Beta will be overwhelmed by Delta.

9 hours ago, HarrySeaman said:

As the philosopher George Santayana said, "“Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.”. 

Santayana was on to something. I knew so little of history that I failed it in school and had to repeat it the following year.

• Like 1