UK citizens seeking COVID vaccine in Thailand

Sheryl

15 hours ago, jayboy said:

I'm quite moved by the empathy and imagination shown in this BCCT initiative.Congratulations to Greg Watkins and all the Chamber directors.I was fortunate to have been vaccinated some time ago but I will bring this initiative to the attention of two elderly Brits I know.

No promises are made here , just an undertaking to investigate what can be done.It's exactly what I wanted to see.

Shame the BCCT make it so expensive for the retired Brit to join their group or I would most certainly join.

54 minutes ago, MAJORUS said:

on the form it only allows 10 digits for your Thai

Social security number and will not accept any more.

My number has 13 digits not counting - spacers.

Just for info

Why would you register with Thai SS number when the information is directed to UK nationals? Do you not have a UK passport?

• Haha 2

Registering was a breeze. Super fast.

FYI if needed:

How do I calculate my BMI in kg?
With the metric system, the formula for BMI is weight in kilograms divided by height in meters squared.
BMI=weight in Kg/(Height in m) X (Height in m)

1 hour ago, MAJORUS said:

on the form it only allows 10 digits for your Thai

Social security number and will not accept any more.

My number has 13 digits not counting - spacers.

Just for info

I don't have a Thai ID card although I have lived and worked here for 20 years.
I tried at my local govt. drop-in clinic but was told my ID ( UK Passport ) does not have enough digits i.e. 13 ( as on the Govt form ) so they were unable to register me.
I have yet to try the online Govt form.

11 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

I tried at my local govt. drop-in clinic but was told my ID ( UK Passport ) does not have enough digits i.e. 13 ( as on the Govt form ) so they were unable to register me.

New Gov form for foreigners should be okay.............................what happens with the data to assign appointment dates is not so clear.

15 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

I have been here about 13 years and in that time medical facilities that have had government involvement have required the yellow book number. 

Going to a government hospital  with a passport for treatment has never been a problem, but things like the flu vaccine program or mobile health services where there is specific government funding is a different matter. You need to prove you live in their catchment area and unfortunately the system set up is based on tabian baan.

18 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Our goal is to coordinate and work with the Department of Disease Control at the Thai Ministry of Public Health to identify a solution. We will also examine potential solutions with other bodies that support British passport holders in Thailand.

You would think that Western governments would put pressure on Thailand about their openly xenophobic and racist policies during a declared "pandemic." 
They do nothing (although kudos to France and China).
The US has got the be the epitome of what having utter contempt for their own expat citizens looks like:  Give Thailand vaccines and 30 million in US aide - and then tell Americans to metaphorically ****-off and get to the end of Thai vaccine lines. "We don't care about you and we don't care that Thailand is racist!", pretty much sums it up.  The US's little cousin Britain is about the same.

• Like 1

While being first to commend the excellent Sheryl for bringing to our attention,the cynic in me feels this has about as much chance of achieving anything as attempts to unfreeze uk state pensions. The government has little concern for its citizens abroad,making its position clear,despite France's excellent initiative

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pops1 said:

Here's silly old me thinking they want to help us stranded with no vax but no. I go to the website and they want money. Typical bottom feeders. Profiteering off of misery. 

I don’t doubt it, but where did you see that? 

Being in the high risk groups I thought there was nothing to lose completing the form - Only to see that I’m 8 years premature. 

I appreciate that we should wait for the older expats, but wouldn’t it be helpful to gather all the info for all ages at risk to understand the scale of the whole cock up and report to the people who truly represent us .. oh, hang on .. no one.

I have no faith in anyone representing UK expats here in Thailand and I’m happy to keep my head down and wait my turn for AZ however long. 

Thanks for your concern BCCT. 

• Like 1

My 1st A-Z jab done,2nd due 15 August,Sakon Nahkon Province 

21 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I don’t doubt it, but where did you see that? 

Being in the high risk groups I thought there was nothing to lose completing the form - Only to see that I’m 8 years premature. 

I appreciate that we should wait for the older expats, but wouldn’t it be helpful to gather all the info for all ages at risk to understand the scale of the whole cock up and report to the people who truly represent us .. oh, hang on .. no one.

I have no faith in anyone representing UK expats here in Thailand and I’m happy to keep my head down and wait my turn for AZ however long. 

Thanks for your concern BCCT. 

With less than 10% of the thai population vaccinated so far what will this accomplish. Hope they don't thimk they will get to the front of the line or even get treated equal.

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

I have been here about 13 years and in that time medical facilities that have had government involvement have required the yellow book number. 

Going to a government hospital  with a passport for treatment has never been a problem, but things like the flu vaccine program or mobile health services where there is specific government funding is a different matter. You need to prove you live in their catchment area and unfortunately the system set up is based on tabian baan.

I registered with the local govt. hospital and the local clinic when I moved to where I am now years ago but never been for flu jabs etc.only treatment including emergency.

1 hour ago, TechnikaIII said:

Vaccination including AstraZeneca is free in the Philippines.

I received my AstraZeneca vaccination three days ago at the Phyathai2 hospital in Bangkok and it was also free. My Thai ex-wife has to wait until the end of this month to get hers. Also, a friend of mine, an American, is getting his AstraZeneca jab today. His Thai wife also has to wait.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jayboy said:

I'm quite moved by the empathy and imagination shown in this BCCT initiative.Congratulations to Greg Watkins and all the Chamber directors.I was fortunate to have been vaccinated some time ago but I will bring this initiative to the attention of two elderly Brits I know.

No promises are made here , just an undertaking to investigate what can be done.It's exactly what I wanted to see.

They will investigate and be told the same: there isn't enough vaccine to vaccinate the population. A few foreigners have been vaccinated resulting in HIGH Publicity for the government, but then goes back to the same: register, can't register. Get a date, can't get a date. Contact the registration app, the app is down. My wife tried to register on the Thai App, after 40 mins getting know where she was cut off.