Bangkok: Met police crack motorcycle theft gang case - bikes ended up abroad for 7,000 baht

webfact

8pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Metropolitan police chief Pol Lt-Gen Phakkhapong Pongpettra along with station chiefs from several Bangkok jurisdictions announced the busting of a gang stealing motorcycles from the city and surrounding areas of the Thai capital. 

Cars and tools were taken into evidence and four arrests were made:Dee Dee, 37, Moo, 34, Jane, 22, and forty six year old Noo.

The gang was led by Dee Dee and was known as "Dee Dee Tha Ma Ka" after the district of Kanchanaburi in the west of Thailand where they all hailed from.

Police explained that the gang had been stealing over the last three months after Dee Dee got out of prison earlier this year after serving time for stealing motorcycles. 

The gang would travel from Kanchanaburi to Bangkok where they would target bikes parked at flats, condos and apartments in areas they were familiar with. they had previously lived in Ramkhamhaeng. 

Many thefts took place in Thung Song Hong and Klong Tan jurisdictions. 

8pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Their modus operandi was to steal one bike then use it in the act of stealing up to four other bikes in a night. They would then dump the first bike to try and put police off their trail. 

They would then return to Kanchanaburi before selling the bikes that would be taken to a "neighboring country" (that can be assumed to be Myanmar, notes Thaivisa) for 7,000 each. 

Police got on their trail and that of the money that was generated. 

The role of a person called Bank who featured in the vinyl board on show yesterday was not explained by Daily News in their story. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-07-01
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

Police explained that the gang had been stealing over the last three months after Dee Dee got out of prison earlier this year after serving time for stealing motorcycles. 

Obviously they did not give him a stiff enough  sentence maybe they will get it right this time - Not holding my breath .........LOL

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

7k? Security at my condo says they sell them for 5k in Cambodia. Different gangs in differing locations of course.

One may suspect security is in on it and tipping off the gangs....I couldn't possibly comment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

One may suspect security is in on it and tipping off the gangs....I couldn't possibly comment.

Nope. No stranger can enter my complex. They said it happens outside. Security have nothing to do with what happens away from the complex. Perhaps he is Cambodian and knows the score there.

Edited by Eindhoven

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Dee Dee, Moo, Jane and Noo....  me thinks there’s got to be another 3 key figures...  Dopey, Grumpy, Sneezy !

Sounds like a Disney movie in the making, just short of a Cartoon.