Road Map

Jahil

It is years that I try to find a detail road map (in English) about the region.

Does it exist?

If yes, where can I buy it?

Thanks for your answers

It does exist. I have one. I bought it at a gas station. I don't know where you could get one though...sorry. It was produced by the "Roads Association of Thailand." Came across another good one by "thinknet," which has a website: www.thinknet.co.th

Haven't seen the "Roads Association of Thailand" map book for sale here - got their map book in Buriram 10 years ago and still use it. local maps for up here in there aren't so great (maybe better now I don't know)

newer ones are available at Lanna Souvenir near Pratu Siri main intersection in town (4 Lens Tour, 1st Church etc - anyone know why sandwich works is only ever open at night - who wants a sandwich at night unless you're making it at home?) for under B100 ea - I think the newest is just B65 and quite adequate

sure would be nice if someone who can do the google-earth thing would download (UPLOAD?) HERE

pics of the streets just north of the river Kok, for which I think no maps are very good...

I'd hoped that magazine would do that some day

but its just a someday kind of magazine I guess...

• 1 month later...

i got one that wasnt too bad, and had enough info on phayao-c.rai area from budget rent a car. it had quite a few of the smaller roads. enough from keeping me from getting lost.

the more comprehensive source is that big atlas at all the book stores. tho not sure if the one at big-c has the english version or not.

surprised to hear that obviously NOBODY here knows about the wonderful products of PNMAP.

they publish the best detailled maps one get in Thailand. I just bought the MAP OF CHIANG RAI PROVINCE about 10 days ago at a tiny book-stall on the second or third floor of FORTUNE TOWN.

it costs just 90 Baht, and is awesome value for money. ISBN-Number 974-7745-71-2.

they even list every kilometer of the road, so if somebody tells you "turn left at KM 27,5 of Road N 3672" then u will be perfectly able to locate that small junction on the map.

I guess they publish such maps of ALL Thai provinces. Apart from the Chiang Rai map (which comes with an excellent map of Chiang rai Town on the backside), I own those for Chiang Mai and Udon Thani.

If you really wanna explore a province with ur own transport, this product is second to none.

its bi-lingual, though more towards Thai customers.

its probably not available in your usual ASIABOOKS - shop (maybe they will even deny that this product EXISTS), as to sell a 90-Baht-only cheapo-Map is not what they are really eager to, even if the product is great....

try SE-ED instead or any other book-store that caters for Thai customers...

if you have somebody who can read Thai, here you go: www.pnmap.com

Edited by THAILIBAN

Budget rent a car also has maps, this one is in pdf but you can get them in a book.

Budget map

For me the best one by far is the "Map Magic" CD map of the whole of Thailand. It has a great zoom function that gets you in to 1:20000 even shows the dirt trails. I comes with a paper fold-out map too that's pretty useless. the CD version though is fantastic in either Thai or English. You can get it at DK books just down from the CLock Tower. They are often out of stock though and you may need to order.

If you're really in need PM me and I'll get one from BKK for you

Cheers :o

Budget rent a car also has maps, this one is in pdf but you can get them in a book.

Budget map

For me the best one by far is the "Map Magic" CD map of the whole of Thailand. It has a great zoom function that gets you in to 1:20000 even shows the dirt trails. I comes with a paper fold-out map too that's pretty useless. the CD version though is fantastic in either Thai or English. You can get it at DK books just down from the CLock Tower. They are often out of stock though and you may need to order.

If you're really in need PM me and I'll get one from BKK for you

Cheers :o

Hello.

Thank you for your proposal. I will be in Thialand end of next week and I wil ltry to find it. If I do not find it, I wil pm to you.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
For me the best one by far is the "Map Magic" CD map of the whole of Thailand.

The CD-based ThinkNet map of Chiang Mai (same company) also covers Chiang Rai province down to the soi level, along with Lampang, Lamphun & Mae Hong Son.