Temporary car import

I Have an old car that I am reluctant to part with and as a 65 year old British Passport Holder I am coming to Thailand on a retirement visa having had Thai lady friend in Hong Kong for more than eight years. I will never buy a car inThailand as I can"t afford to deplete my 800,000 very much and I don"t like driving in Bangkok. To sell my petrol guzzler in Hong Kong I would be lucky to fetch HI$10,000. The car has only done 67,000 Kms in nine years and in HK never done more than 80Km/hr for more than a few seconds at a time so the 4litre engine is just run in . But a car is convenient to see my adopted mother in law in Suphen Buri and of course touring which I intend to do a lot of. At least in the first year.

Is it possible to ship the car to Malaysia without to much red tape and drive over the border with the car as a temporary import for touring. Which is the initial intention anyway. Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated. Most shipping agencies tell me to forget it as too much trouble to ship a 2nd hand car no matter how good a condition it is in.

Ken