Stand Up Freezer: Seen Any In Cm?

ProThaiExpat

I would sure appreciate help from any CMiers who have seen a stand-up freezer, non-commercial type, in any of the the appliance stores, or elsewhere?

If BKKers have seen them in any chain store, their branch in CM would probably have one or could order it from BKK.

Many thanks.

Not very practical unless used in air conditioned area as when door is opened all the cold air falls out. Chest is much more practical from economic point of view.

New model refrigerators are starting to have freezes on bottom with pull out drawers which makes more sense.

I have never seen any stand up types and precious few chest type. I suspect it would have to be imported as specialty item and cost would be out of line.

This is a link to major dealer in Bangkok (but no stand up):

http://www.sinsiamelectronics.com/freezer.html

Not very practical unless used in air conditioned area as when door is opened all the cold air falls out. Chest is much more practical from economic point of view.

New model refrigerators are starting to have freezes on bottom with pull out drawers which makes more sense.

I have never seen any stand up types and precious few chest type. I suspect it would have to be imported as specialty item and cost would be out of line.

This is a link to major dealer in Bangkok (but no stand up):

http://www.sinsiamelectronics.com/freezer.html

The upright models do have the problem of the cold air failing out when you open the door.

An advantage of the upright though is that they take up less floor space.

There are chest type available but not the selection you would find back home.

As for the combination fridge/freezers the majority here come with the freezer on top. I much prefer the ones with fridge on top as you go in to your refrigerator many more times a day than you go into the freezer.

Maybe the Thais prefer them (fridge on the bottom) as they tend to be a bit shorter. (the Thais)

I have only seen one with the freezer on the bottom and that was a Toshiba.

One thing though is that they are not as expensive as back home.

I had some made a while back and now have one for sale. PM me if interested. (Glass door & cupboard underneath.)

Have also purchased from Niyom Panich, either branch near the airport or in Rachdamnoen Road. They may not be in stock but can be ordered.