Pay tax=cancel visa

Be sure your tax is paid up before extending your one-year NON-B visa/work permit. This is a re-post from another forum:

/George

--

Went to Immigration today to extend my visa and about 5 seconds after I got it stamped in comes a guy and says "Your visa's cancelled 'cos you haven't paid your tax". Reeling back in astonishment (since all my tax was paid) and producing the yellow tax slip which proves it, the guy retorts "You can't leave the country 'cos you're blacklisted", then produces a computer print-out with my name on it.

The problem was that the local tax people in Phrakhanong required an extra 1,200 baht (which I duly paid) and then the clerk promptly forgot to send the notification to the head office on Bangna-trad. They didn't notify me of this move and just blacklisted me without my knowledge, so Iwas totally stunned. I then had to go to the office in Bangna-trad and find out about the local tax office's brain ceasure.

From there back to Phrakhanong to talk to the aforementioned bozo who said "Oh I'll give you a letter saying that you're cool, and you've paid". I said "Well look, I've lost face at the immigration, who now think I'm a tax dodger and cancelled my visa; I've had to get taxis to immigration, Bangna-trad, Phrakhanong and now have to go back to immigration to have my name removed from the blacklist (which wasn't easy) and then another taxi home (since everything had to be done in 1 day); I've wasted a whole day and money to boot and you can't even say sorry"!

I then told her to write a letter of apology to whom it may concern in the future (just in case I have a problem at the airport) and this woman, totally reticent about the whole idea, wouldn't even say I'm sorry, it's my fault.

Be careful everyone about this and treble check your tax well in advance of doing anything so stupid as to extend your visa.  

-----

Samulator @ ajarn forum