Woman Killed By Speeding Motorcycle...................

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya People: May 28th 2007

Motorbike Hits and Kills Woman

On the 27th of May, at 1.30am the Banglamung Police was called to the scene of an accident on Sukhumvit Road in front of the Rong Poh Market.

Police rushed to the scene with the Sawang Boriboon to find the dead body of Miss Uemjit Seesan, aged 39 lying on the road. Not far away from the deceased Police found a damaged Suzuki Motorcycle. The 2 injured parties had been quickly sent to Banglamung hospital and later named as Mr. Sompop Dagate, aged 29 and Miss Sutita Dagate, aged 15.

After questioning them it appeared that they rode the motorbike from Bangkok to Pattaya. When they arrived at the traffic light junction, the yellow light was blinking so the driver speeded off; but at the same time the deceased was running to cross the road. The motorbike could not brake in time and hit the unfortunate lady.

Miss Jittranoot Seesan, aged 21, daughter of the deceased, told Police that one of their relatives required assistance to cross the road and her mother helped him. When her mother returned in a hurry she did not see the motorbike and was hit and died on the spot.

Also one of Sawang Boriboon volunteers was attacked by a teenager who was at the scene. The volunteer filed a complaint to the Police that after he helped one of the injured women, he quickly walked to help the deceased when a group of teenagers assaulted him shouting that he did not help the deceased first.

Police investigation continues.

Graphic photographs of female corpse withheld.

:o

I've always respected the Sawang Boriboon, not only are they supposed to rescue people, they often have to do the nasty clean-up jobs after an incident. If I recall, aren't most of them volunteers ?

To attack one because he tried to help an injured victim first is nuts. I'm sure if one of those teens was the injured victim, he'd want what ever First Aid treatment he could get as soon as he could get it, and would be extremely upset if the rescuer ignored him in order to look after a dead body instead !

What goes through the minds of some people ?

:o

I've always respected the Sawang Boriboon, not only are they supposed to rescue people, they often have to do the nasty clean-up jobs after an incident. If I recall, aren't most of them volunteers ?

To attack one because he tried to help an injured victim first is nuts. I'm sure if one of those teens was the injured victim, he'd want what ever First Aid treatment he could get as soon as he could get it, and would be extremely upset if the rescuer ignored him in order to look after a dead body instead !

What goes through the minds of some people ?

Sometimes it's a cultural thing.

I saw some women in Africa laughing hysterically when one of their children was killed

in a traffic accident in full view of them.

They just seemed unable to control their emotions, not seeming to know which one was appropriate,

and were laughing and crying at the same time ... It was a weird sight.

Naka.