Chiang Rai Phanyanukul School

Krub

Hi,

Through 'Plan' I am fostering a young Thai kid. he is Akka and lives in the mountain area near the Myanmar border.

I visited him in his village a few times and discoverred that he had some mental infirmity.

Finaly it seems he has been admited to a 'special' school on the outskirts of Chiang Rai since mid May

I will visit him again next June.

They gave me the school name as

Chiang Rai Phanyanukul School

Does anyboday can give me some info on this school ? Location, type of school, more detailed adress etc.

Thanks

Have been trying to get some information about this school but all i have found out is that it is quite near The White Temple and is for special children.

I will try to get more information asap.

BTW good on you for fostering this kid .

Have been trying to get some information about this school but all i have found out is that it is quite near The White Temple and is for special children.

I will try to get more information asap.

BTW good on you for fostering this kid .

Thanks, yes that would fit the description of the school as was given to me.

The kid would receive all the care and education but not medical care as he does not have a Thai ID

I am working on finding out more and in any cases would be prepared to look after the medical cost if necessary.

I would like to work out something special for the whole school and want to find out what they would be in need the most.

Unfortunately I will not have more than 2 days time in June and want to use it as efficiently as possible mostly spending time with the kids.

Can you give me moreinfo on the location of The White Temple ?

Thanks

Have found a thai website, if you navigate around it you can get some information.

Unfortunitly the Eng link is not working.

If you need any more info. I can get one of my co- thai teachers to ring them and translate for you.

probably better to p.m me.

The link is

http://www.bannok.com/hillchild/autopage/s...=12&d_id=12

I took a glance at this website. It is the 'scholarship fund project' webpage of the Mirror Art Group (Foundation). One of the kids seeking a sponsor attends Phanyanukul School and the school is named in his personal description.

Have found a thai website, if you navigate around it you can get some information.

If you need any more info. I can get one of my co- thai teachers to ring them and translate for you.

The link is

I took a glance at this website. It is the 'scholarship fund project' webpage of the Mirror Art Group (Foundation). One of the kids seeking a sponsor attends Phanyanukul School and the school is named in his personal description.

Thanks for the info. I am looking for details on the school itself if at all possible.

I will be visiting next 25 June and was hoping to know a little more to get prepared.

The link is

I took a glance at this website. It is the 'scholarship fund project' webpage of the Mirror Art Group (Foundation). One of the kids seeking a sponsor attends Phanyanukul School and the school is named in his personal description. The number is 053-918001.

Another option would be to e-mail the Mirror Art Group. As they are supporting students attending the school they would surely know how to get their and have information about the school. I know many of the people their and would be happy to give you the e-mail address of one of their English speaking staff. I imagine they would prefer I not post their e-mail address on a forum so if you are interested send me a PM and I'll respond with the e-mail address.

Thanks for the info. I am looking for details on the school itself if at all possible.

I will be visiting next 25 June and was hoping to know a little more to get prepared.

I haven't been able to track down much yet. I did pull a phone number off a announcement for some construction work (to build a nursing unit). I gave it a call to get an address but as today is a holiday no one answered. I'll give it another try tomorrow, unless someone else finds the info for you first. The number is 053-918001.

Another option would be to contact the Mirror Art Group. As we know from the site referenced by a poster earlier, they sponsor some kids at the school so I'm sure they would know more about the school and its location. I know MAG well. If you're interested I'd be happy to give you the e-mail address of one of their English speaking administrators. However, I imagine she wouldn't want it posted on a forum, so, if you're interested send me a PM and I'll message you the e-mail address.

Edited by CSS

I know the location of the school, about a few kilometres past my workplace.

When I get a bit of free time I will check it out and get back to you.

Tayto

Thanks for your offer to help and for your time