Who Owns International Christian School (ics)?

Does anyone know who owns the International Christian School (ICS) in Bangkok? They teach hard-line Creationism but parents are not told of this when signing up and it isn't mentioned in their literature. I can't find anything at all about them on the net, so I'm curious as to which Christian group is operating the school.

Thanks. It seems that NICS was founded by Dr. Joe Hale, General Secretary of the World Methodist Council and an ardent evangelist. The agenda of "instilling in each student a Biblical world-view" is pretty clear on the NICS website.

You would think the name " International Christian School" would give you an idea of what they would teach. If it was International Bhuddhist School they might teach creationism from a Bhuddist perspective.

I'm not sure why your suprised.

The vast majority of Christians are not Creationists. Since it's a controversial minority view ICS should be upfront with parents about it. I know a couple of parents who were shocked when their kids came home and said a teacher had told them all dinosaur fossils were fakes.

The vast majority of Christians are not Creationists. Since it's a controversial minority view ICS should be upfront with parents about it. I know a couple of parents who were shocked when their kids came home and said a teacher had told them all dinosaur fossils were fakes.

Most Christians are creationist. Christians are called Christians because it means Christ like. Christians believe the bible is the word of God and God created everything. If they do not believe God created everything then they are not likely Christians. Most Christians have tunnel vision and can only see what the bible taught and don't accept what science says.

But I do see your point as well. Now a days, people choose what parts of the bible applies to their lives and what they can throw in the trash. They pick and choose their religion like its a fast food meal. Thats why I think most, if not all, religions are a bunch of crap.

I find it hard to believe the school is teaching that dinosaurs are fake. Last I heard, Christians have justified the existance of dinosaurs.

If in fact they are teaching dinosaurs are fake then perhaps their teaching credentials should be suspect as fake as well.

"Most Christians are creationist." "Most Christians have tunnel vision and can only see what the bible taught and don't accept what science says."

"Last I heard, Christians have justified the existance of dinosaurs."

You can only choose one.

"Most Christians are creationist." "Most Christians have tunnel vision and can only see what the bible taught and don't accept what science says."

"Last I heard, Christians have justified the existance of dinosaurs."

You can only choose one.

Since there is so much proof of their existance they had no choice but to justify it biblicly somehow. Kinda like Bush finally accepting he cannot win a war in Iraq.

I'm also constantly surprised by the number of biology and psychology teachers, even in the general population of educators, who turn out to be closet flat-earthers. It's not quite up to the level of a conspiracy, but it sure is disturbing and suspicious.

"Steven"

It's odd that the International Christian School of Bangkok doesn't have a web page. It mustn't be confused with the International Community School, also a Christian school and which does.

Let's face it, all sorts of people use the tag "Christian" to mean all sorts of things from the admirable to the truly awful. It might be better to scrap the term "Christian" altogether as it now means all things to all men. Some Christians are closer to Buddhism than they are to Christian evangelicals and fundamentalists (and the latter two are by no means the same thing - there are plenty of intelligent evangelicals and that term covers a range of thinking too).

The International Christian School seems to be a somewhat less than transparent outfit. If they're teaching "creationism" they should be upfront about it, as this hasn't been mainstream Christianity since Darwin and Mendel's findings entered the scientific mainstream in the late 19th century.

• 3 weeks later...

As the conversation has been going off-topic (and certain posters have begun to make unseemly personal remarks), I have removed the off-topic portion from this thread; however, it has some interest to its participants. I have moved it to a section of the forum which long-time users will know how to access.

The topic of this thread is the ICS school, who owns it, how they teach their curriculum, and whether they fully inform parents of this curriculum before accepting their students. In that light, as science is considered a standard part of the Thai curriculum and many international curricula, and "creationism" and "intelligent design" are not part of any standard curriculum of which I am aware, I fall on the side of those who feel that not informing parents of this side of the curriculum before accepting their students is somewhat deceptive and disingenuous.

"Steven"

• 2 weeks later...

If you're talking about International Community School, then yes, they are a bunch of Christian fundamentalists.

About the Creationism vs. Evolution theory... They make you study both but they are extremely biased and use biblical passages as if they were scientific fact.

They told the parents that there were Christian elements to the curriculum but they never said they were so zealous about it.

Half of the teachers have been so immersed in their religious faith that they are incompetent educators.

There's a weekly hour-long worship session where they threaten you with a hellish afterlife, and they have this going on since you're a little kid there. And in the academic information they say that religious studies are optional but when you ask to withdraw from them they say that you have o take them to attend the school, these classes also require you to talk about your personal relationship with Jesus or else receive no credit. They don't care if you're pissed because, hey, they already have your tuition money, seat reservation money, and the registration fee you paid for.

The administration takes no responsibility in reprimanding the teachers for harassing students. They spend hundreds of millions of baht on a new campus and now they have to pay for it. How do they do it? Allow students from Thai schools to come and study with absolutely NO command of the language.

They're also balant racists as well. Missionary kids can do things that normal students would do and get into deep trouble.

If you can afford it, stay away.

Oh and the owner, I believe, is the Thai principal and the chairman of the board is the guy who tried to get the Da Vinci code movie banned.

Edited by MrSnrang