Can Anybody Help Please?

whattodo

HI ALL,

DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF A SHOP SPEACALIST OR OTHERWISE WHERE I CAN BUY A REMOTE CONTROLLED TOY AIRCRAFT IN BURIRAM OR PROVINCE OF BURIRAM?

OUR SONS BIRTHDAY IS DUE VERY SOON AND HE HAS NOT SHUT UP ABOUT SEEING ONE ON A RECENT VCD FILM HE SAW,I HAVE PROMISED OUR SON I WILL GET BUT INITIAL ENQUURIES HAVE ALL FAILED.

PLEASE HELP,I HAVE MADE A PROMISE I MUST KEEP.

THANKYOU IN ADVANCE ANY REPLYS.

PAUL.

hi whattodo,

I only know some shops for RC in bangkok and chiangmai. But i think probably you will only need a small electric plane more a toy of sorts.

I've seen those in several IT shopping malls where they also sell games and stuff.

Don't buy a real one as when you don't have a club or somebody to guide you, you will surely wreck the plane the first try you have.

Also Real rc planes with engines are not recommended for kids below 16 or 12 with supervision.

if you have any more questions feel free to ask, there is also a thread in the sports section.

hi whattodo,

I only know some shops for RC in bangkok and chiangmai. But i think probably you will only need a small electric plane more a toy of sorts.

I've seen those in several IT shopping malls where they also sell games and stuff.

Don't buy a real one as when you don't have a club or somebody to guide you, you will surely wreck the plane the first try you have.

Also Real rc planes with engines are not recommended for kids below 16 or 12 with supervision.

if you have any more questions feel free to ask, there is also a thread in the sports section.

MANY THANKS DARKNIGHT,

THIS IS WHAT THIS SITES ALL ABOUT,AND WAS SURE SOMBODY WOULD REPLY (THANKYOU SO MUCH)

I DONT WANT A PROFESSIONAL CRAFT JUST A TOY AS YOU SUGGESTED AS OUR SON IS ONLY 3 (GOING ON 10 THOUGH)LOL.

I UNDERSTAND THAT IT WILL END UP IN A TREE WHATEVER LOL BUT I HAVE MADE A PROMISE THAT I MUST KEEP,SOMETHING IN THE 3000THB RANGE IS ACCEPTABLE. IF I AM UNABLE TO SECURE IN BURIRAM PROVINCE THEN I WILL BE PREPARED TO GO ALL THE WAY TO BANGKOK TO GET SO PLEASE DARKNIGHT CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR RECCOMANDATIONS IN BANGKOK?

THANKYOU .

i've seen them in Sri racha in the IT mall 4th floor.

In Bangkok In fortune Tower in hay kwaung area. Probably the big toy stores will also have them. Maybe pantip plaza.

Real rc stores in bangkok:

Olek hobby's on Ramindra road.

Pit Shop 1063 Pattanakarn road suanluang pravate.

Futaba shop, opposite pantip plaza.

I would try a big toy store first actually.

A small electric toy plane will set you back around 2000 bath.

Buriram town has a very lively R/C aeroplane club just on the outskirts of town. If you can find the primary school close to the village on the hilly side, you can find the club flying almost every day. (Sorry for the poor directions but that is as close as I can get.) Electric planes are sold at several places in Buriram and the best place to go is new Taweekit Plaza. There is another place in town but I will have to take you there. I don't know how to explain where it is. I will be in Buriram by next week and you can drop me a PM. I tried the electric planes before, and it is a blast to fly. Maybe I will get myself a petrol one later and join the club. :o

Buriram town has a very lively R/C aeroplane club just on the outskirts of town. If you can find the primary school close to the village on the hilly side, you can find the club flying almost every day. (Sorry for the poor directions but that is as close as I can get.) Electric planes are sold at several places in Buriram and the best place to go is new Taweekit Plaza. There is another place in town but I will have to take you there. I don't know how to explain where it is. I will be in Buriram by next week and you can drop me a PM. I tried the electric planes before, and it is a blast to fly. Maybe I will get myself a petrol one later and join the club. :o

Many Thanks Lourens,

Will check out Taweekit Plaza, (where in town is this? )

Something related, I was planning to do some ballooning in Thailand but to my surprise it's extremely difficult to get permission to fly balloons. It's still considered a threat to national security, Thailand has only one professional balloon flyer and he has been able to organize three international meeting in the ten years that he's flying now.

Ballooning in Thail;and, a threat to national security. ha ha ha

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Whattudo My wife's friend had made a aeroplane on his own, it is not a hobby shop type but it looks like one I could ask and see if he knows anyplaces but My wife and her friend live in udon thani i don't know how close that is to you Right now I am writing to you from the US :o

Chok dee

Hey Whattudo My wife's friend had made a aeroplane on his own, it is not a hobby shop type but it looks like one I could ask and see if he knows anyplaces but My wife and her friend live in udon thani i don't know how close that is to you Right now I am writing to you from the US :D

Chok dee

Many thanks for all your help,

I managed to buy in a store Buriram,however after 3 flights it is trashed,

also recently returned from Bangkok where i purchased what i thought was i more durable craft,however after 4 flights this is undergoing major surgery,this is turning out to be a very exspensive childs toy :o