Transport From Don Muang To Suvarnabhumi Airport

The only info I found here was bus 554 and 555, both operate 24 hours a day, about every 30 minuts. Details see http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119516

Is there more information?

I guess this information would be very much appreciated by many travellers.

Thanks

Thedi

Depends as we know that a taxi would probably cost not much more than 300 baht, with luggage much easier and quicker and at less than 10 US$ not expensive......

Taxi in Suvarnabhumi Airport

Ignore all the touts, go down one level from arrivals (have travellators for luggage carts) give your destination at one of the two taxi desks, take the card with drivers name and license number, pay for tollway to the driver and add 50 baht to meter for airport service, small tip welcome. Only licensed and fairly new taxis are allowed to pick up passengers at Savanaboom.

From tartempion in http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=123538 (post #4)

Bus 555 and 554 from Don Muang to Suvarnbhumi Airport

Saturday 05/05 landed Dong Muang at 14.50, was at taxi stand at 15.05.

50 meters North of taxi stand was bus booth for 555 heading to Suvarnabumi.

Since I had plenty of time gave it a try.

Very heplfull personnel helping loading luggage.

Bus left 15.30, followed Vipawadi Rangsit, stopped often to pick up passengers.

Took Cheang Wattana, went over Rachada Pisek and took Chonbiri tolway to drop passengers at Suvarnabumi terminal 5( luckily not via Transportation Center) Total traveltime 45 minutes, no traffic jams, but saturday afternoon

Price 34 baht.

From tartempion in http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119516 Other posts in this threed mention bus 554, which takes an other route but needs about the same time to the other airport. Together they operate 24 hours a day in ~ 30 minute intervals.

Taxis DMK to BKK and BKK to DMK

I’ve always used the taxi ranks on ground level so can’t offer experience on catching 4th floor taxis. I’ve found it just as easy to catch a taxi at the ground floor ranks with no waiting and don’t mind paying the 50b airport surcharge.

I made the BKK to DMK trip by taxi using the toll way at 2300 midweek a couple of weeks ago. The journey took 70 minutes and cost just over 300B including the 2 tolls which worked out at 65B. The travel time would have been less but areas near DMK were flooded after a heavy rain storm.

A couple of days later I took a taxi at 0900 Sunday from DMK to BKK. The driver didn’t use the tollway and the weather was fine. The journey took 50 minutes and cost 260B including the airport surcharge.

From Farma in http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=123501

An additional note for DMK. A month ago the wife had to wait over an hour to catch a taxi from DMK at 0930 mid week. There had been plenty of flight arrivals with just a few taxis trickling in to pick up fares. I’ve been through there twice since then without problems. It may have been a bad day.

Also from Farma in http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=123501

Edited by thedi

• 3 weeks later...
Taxis DMK to BKK and BKK to DMK

I’ve always used the taxi ranks on ground level so can’t offer experience on catching 4th floor taxis. I’ve found it just as easy to catch a taxi at the ground floor ranks with no waiting and don’t mind paying the 50b airport surcharge.

I made the BKK to DMK trip by taxi using the toll way at 2300 midweek a couple of weeks ago. The journey took 70 minutes and cost just over 300B including the 2 tolls which worked out at 65B. The travel time would have been less but areas near DMK were flooded after a heavy rain storm.

A couple of days later I took a taxi at 0900 Sunday from DMK to BKK. The driver didn’t use the tollway and the weather was fine. The journey took 50 minutes and cost 260B including the airport surcharge.

From Farma in http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=123501

An additional note for DMK. A month ago the wife had to wait over an hour to catch a taxi from DMK at 0930 mid week. There had been plenty of flight arrivals with just a few taxis trickling in to pick up fares. I’ve been through there twice since then without problems. It may have been a bad day.

Also from Farma in http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=123501

Just arrived back and as the bus 555 from D.Muang was convenient and IMHO recommended i tried the return journey and would definitely say take a taxi for this leg of your haul.

It was far from convenient and the bus doesn,t go into the domestic area, contrary to what i was told by Thai Airlines in Udon ????????

Go to the ground floor as Thedi recommends as Taxis are plentiful and convenient.

The fare is cheap and reasonable when i consider the fuffing about i experienced.

They appear to be O.K. and are not hastling for your custom like in the arrivals area which after all i was trying to avoid ( Chaos is not an appropriate word to describe the scenes and the behaviour of the passengers is included in this by the way. )

Immigration for me was o.k as i move a bit quicker on disembarking and as a consequence managed to pass all the flights passengers, bulk wise that were enroute to the Imm. Area.

Make sure you have your boarding card and flight details along with your completed T.M. card, then you should get through with no problem providing your individual visa requirements are covered.

The immigration staff were all courteous from my observations on looking around and helpful whenever possible.

Again i must say i for one enjoyed my passing thru on both legs and didn,t have any problems within both airports.

There are no refreshment facilities inside the departure area at D.M. so if you need them try before going there.

One thing i was lucky with was that instead of waiting around at the new airport as i originally planned, i went straight to D. Muaeng.

Thai Airways have put an additional flight on to Udon and rather than have to wait around for the 12 something midday flight, the kindly put me on the newly added flight at 9.30 am.

Nice one Thai Airways and whoever booked me in, many thanks from myself and my family who got me back earlier than expected.

Stay cool and use the old grey matter and most importanly keep your sense of humour, after all it,s the best way to raise above the negatives as we all know to well.

marshbags :D:o

Edited by marshbags

There should be free shuttle buses going directly to and fro the airports. Airconditioned with no stops, leaving every half hour. Anything less is a disgrace for AOT.

I am arriving international flight (Thai airways) at BKK noonish. Have to go to DMK and was thinking of taking the bus can someone give me directions of where to find the bus at BKK.

Thanks.

Have to go to DMK and was thinking of taking the bus can someone give me directions of where to find the bus at BKK.

Thanks.

Bus from BKK to DMK

There is no shuttle bus from Suvanabhumi to Don Muang, you have to take the public bus 555 or 554.

Bus 555 and 554 leave from the 'Public Transport Center' at the BKK airport (Savanabhumi). This is a bit outside, but there is a shuttle bus from the airport to the 'Public Transport Center'.

The shuttle bus leaves at the arrival floor level. When you arrive from an international flight, just leave the airport at the same level and look for a sign 'shuttle bus'. It is in front of door 'entrance 8'; the shuttle bus is white and needs about 10 minutes to the Public Transport Center.

In the Public Transport Center are several busses waiting. Some go to town, two will pass Don Muang (555 and 544). All signs are in English and very easy to read. Bus 555 and 554 need about 50 minutes to Don Muang - as long as there are no major traffic congestions.

Someone recommended taxis rather than this bus, because the bus does not enter the Don Muang airport.

Regards

Thedi

Have to go to DMK and was thinking of taking the bus can someone give me directions of where to find the bus at BKK.

Thanks.

Bus from BKK to DMK

There is no shuttle bus from Suvanabhumi to Don Muang, you have to take the public bus 555 or 554.

Bus 555 and 554 leave from the 'Public Transport Center' at the BKK airport (Savanabhumi). This is a bit outside, but there is a shuttle bus from the airport to the 'Public Transport Center'.

The shuttle bus leaves at the arrival floor level. When you arrive from an international flight, just leave the airport at the same level and look for a sign 'shuttle bus'. It is in front of door 'entrance 8'; the shuttle bus is white and needs about 10 minutes to the Public Transport Center.

In the Public Transport Center are several busses waiting. Some go to town, two will pass Don Muang (555 and 544). All signs are in English and very easy to read. Bus 555 and 554 need about 50 minutes to Don Muang - as long as there are no major traffic congestions.

Someone recommended taxis rather than this bus, because the bus does not enter the Don Muang airport.

Regards

Thedi

Great, thanks Thedi for the info....I think it so strange there are no buses that go straight from BKK to DMK :o Anywho as I will have two huge suitcases plus two bags I think I will just go for the taxi....man, being frugal never seems to work out for me! :D