Headphones

Hi

I would like to buy a good quality pair of headphones, for listening to music

via my home hi fi, over ear rather than in ear style. Does anyone know where to buy in Bangkok

Thanks

Jaiyenyen

In the Emporium there is a shop on the 3rd floor between the travel agency and CD Warehouse that has recently started selling the excellent Grado headphones. They start about Bt 3,000. They also have a selection of Sennheisers. They have a sister shop called (I think) Gramaphone which is located on the 2nd floor of Paragon.

• 1 year later...
I'd like to know too, something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V600-Monito...126&sr=8-12

Up to 4000 baht...

Those headphones sound good, but IMO there are better sounding headphones available in that price range.

A good review is here

http://headphones.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7

I believe Sennheiser made better headphones and I'll choose them over Sony.

If you need some really good headphones for music enjoyment, check out Audio technica or Denon.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: posting about Denon AH-D5000. I have a modified pair (recabled and some interior mods - see www.head-fi.org for info/discussion) but the bog standard issue are excellent. They take a while to break in but it's worth it if you are a serious headphone user and they also look great as well.

They are low impedance so can do without a dedicated amp but performance will definitely improve with proper amping and ancillaries. I use mine with (1) Benchmark DAC1 & HPA2 (2) Sugden Headmaster (3) Heed Canamp.

For sound on the move, I love my Etymotic ER4-P. Sound very nice unamped with my Sony player.

Edited by MarkyM3

P.S. For reasonably serious headphone users, there is a site called www.head-fi.org which you may like to check out. Lots of advice on there. There are some Thai posters on there and I have seen them talking about a weekly meet they have in BKK if any of you guys are interested. Also seen a few expats in Pattaya and Phuket posting as well.

For places to buy headphones, Singapore has an excellent reputation in this regard and they have a wide array of top equipment (including proper headamps) to try out.

Cheers...

Edited by MarkyM3

Problem is, any otuside of Thailand made brand is very expensive, very very expensive.......

I have some Bose Quiet Comfort 3 headphones, yes, nice noise cancelling headphones, in Thailand, they are 26,000 + Baht !!!!!!!

Silly price, then again they are 350 USD in the states, but the mark up in Thailand due to tax is too much.

They may be worth 350 USD to the frequent flyer, but 26,000 Baht.... I don't think so.

For premium brands in Thailand, you pay a lot......

Edited by Maigo6

• 1 month later...

Anyone heard the new top-of-the-line Sennheiser HD800 yet? I believe they are now available in Bangkok, not sure where though.

I was fortunate enough to buy a pair here in the UK a month ago and they are worth a listen if you are a serious headphone user. Right up there with Stax electrostatics, albeit a different sound.

Cheers.

Edited by MarkyM3