What Is The Deal?

mumbojumbo

I have seen many 3-4" dolls hanging from cars/pickups near there back bumper underneath.

Why, it kinda looks satanic to me. I have run over many of these dolls that have dropped

off there hanging place. What is the deal with this ritual???? :o

I have seen many 3-4" dolls hanging from cars/pickups near there back bumper underneath.

Why, it kinda looks satanic to me. I have run over many of these dolls that have dropped

off there hanging place. What is the deal with this ritual???? :o

Have seen them often and thought they were an anti static type of device.

a214.jpg

Was talking to a guy today who told me that, though this idea has turned into a fad, it was started by people who had accidents especially fatal ones and believed a ghost of the accident followed them.

This doll is to warn off would be ghosts.

Was talking to a guy today who told me that, though this idea has turned into a fad, it was started by people who had accidents especially fatal ones and believed a ghost of the accident followed them.

This doll is to warn off would be ghosts.

The "baby on board" made more sense, but why not put the sign in the back window, and what

does that mean??? Just because you are approaching a BOB sign in the back window, means

the people will slow down and be more careful.??? Maybe these dolls are like the ones they use

in Haiti, etc. They want all the rain sludge and stuff hit them and inflict pain.-My liew.?? :o

It's how TRT anti gov't plotters identify each other...by the dolls they have under the cars. They're kind of miffed that you've been running over so many of their dolls, mumbojumbo, and when they get back into power you are going to be in deep doo doo.

There was a program about this on Thai TV a couple of weeks ago and they couldn't really come up with much of a conclusion. They thought it started in Japan and the craze moved here. It is a bit weird. They had a good picture of an extreme though, which was a 6 wheel truck with a HUGE tweety pie hanging off the back.

My dog likes to snatch them off parked cars!

• 3 weeks later...
Thai TV news has announced that those dolls under rear bumpers are not only inflammable and thus bad luck, but illegal. So - maybe non-inflammable Jatukams instead?

Just couldn't resist making an inflammatory remark.....errr....or is that a non-inflammatory remark?

There was a program about this on Thai TV a couple of weeks ago and they couldn't really come up with much of a conclusion. They thought it started in Japan and the craze moved here. It is a bit weird. They had a good picture of an extreme though, which was a 6 wheel truck with a HUGE tweety pie hanging off the back.

My dog likes to snatch them off parked cars!

Yes, the Japanese are very much into cutsey dolls and stuff in their cars. On the rearview mirror, back and side windows, etc.

Never seen one on a bumper here in Tokyo... Maybe the bumper thing is a Thai variation.

several Thai I talked to about this, think it is another Spirit stuff. Supposed to be for drivers who runover a living creature (human , animal ) and who want to be protected from the bad ghost......Honestly, this is so new that it sounds more like a trend. Explanation was not very convincing anyway.....The Japan connection makes more sense to me

The beginnings are very simple...

Once a long time a go there was a girl band group called the spice girls. All the people in Thailand were afraid of this strange group of untalented creatures so they choose to ward off the music by placing dolls of the girls(Scarey spice was the most popular) under their cars to stop the spice girl movement their music and even some say a movie that they made. This is the humble beginnings of the dolls under cars tradition. :o

Edited by Minburi