Best Way To Get From Suvarnabhumi To Kanchanaburi?

j0j0

Hi,

I am flying in to Suvarnabhumi airport and want to get to Kanchanburi. Do I have to go into Bangkok to get public transport? I know there is a bus running from the Southern bus terminal, or the minibuses from Khao San but I'd rather go straight from the airport if I can.

Alternatively, how much can I expect to pay for a taxi?

thanks

Hi,

I am flying in to Suvarnabhumi airport and want to get to Kanchanburi. Do I have to go into Bangkok to get public transport? I know there is a bus running from the Southern bus terminal, or the minibuses from Khao San but I'd rather go straight from the airport if I can.

Alternatively, how much can I expect to pay for a taxi?

thanks

I know a lovely guy who uses a ordinary but new bangkok taxi and does the trip for 2,500 plus tolls, thats a 400 kms round trip for 35 quid, mate i dont know if thats a good price but it bloody cheap in my eyes, will give you the number if you want.

Ewelve

thanks for the reply, but after a bit more research I think I'm going to get a taxi to the bus terminal in BKK and get the bus on from there.

if you are trying to go on the cheap ... get a bus into town from the airport ... anywhere on Suk from Onnut to Chitlom you can catch the 511 AC bus that will take you across the river to Sai Tai Mai (Southern Bus Terminal) (the 511 also passes Pantip Plaza and KSR)