Living And Teaching In Thailand

Tbug

Hey there,

Sorry for not spending hours searching through the responses to find the info that is probably already there but if you could help me out, I would appreciate it immensley. :o

My partner is finishing a teaching degree and I am finishing a BS Multimedia Technology degree in Australia. We are both 27 turning 28 this year and we would both love to work in Thailand for a couple of years teaching.

Is there an age limit to getting a work visa? Are we elligible for a work visa? Is there a time limit on the work visa? What is the process of getting a work visa? oh and Are there many jobs available?

Thankyou to all or any who can help me on this quest for knowledge.

Travel Bug

Hey there,

Sorry for not spending hours searching through the responses to find the info that is probably already there but if you could help me out, I would appreciate it immensley.  :o

My partner is finishing a teaching degree and I am finishing a BS Multimedia Technology degree in Australia. We are both 27 turning 28 this year and we would both love to work in Thailand for a couple of years teaching.

Is there an age limit to getting a work visa? Are we elligible for a work visa? Is there a time limit on the work visa? What is the process of getting a work visa? oh and Are there many jobs available?

Thankyou to all or any who can help me on this quest for knowledge.

Travel Bug

Tbug

Welcome

Yes to all of your questions except "what is the process for getting a work visa."

You can find the topic on the board.

BR

To get the appropriate visa to enterThailand and ultimately apply for a work permit you need to have a job offer, so you need to start the online search process. Maybe your nearest Thai Consulate has some information, or the various teachers websites in Thailand

"Sorry for not spending hours searching through the responses to find the info that is probably already there"

You want to come to Thailand to work ... but you are too lazy to do your own research about the situation here

... It doesn't sound like a good start to me !!!

'You want to come to Thailand to work ... but you are too lazy to do your own research about the situation here'

Definitely not too lazy, researching many other countries that do not have such a wonderful tool as this message board. Also, if I had any information that I could pass on to help someone, I would not feel bitter, annoyed or put out by that. :o

Cheers all for the information given. Hope I can return the favor some day. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...