Diving Instructor Found Brutally Murdered

It's a well known fact that the vast majority of murders are committed by people who know their attacker.

To avoid getting murdered hang around with people you don't know.

Problem solved.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read some articles about this, and many said controversial things.

Personally, I don't think it was a "passion crime". This guy has had several girlfriends before. He is also married to a woman from Laos and has a baby with her. The murdered woman came over from Phuket to help her ex-bf.

I think this guy really doesn't want to kill some ex-gf in Pattaya, in his apartment by the way, then leaving his apartment to go out and drink. He told the police he had had a fight (verbal I guess) with her (something I wouldn't do when the police is already quite eager to point you as the murderer). Then this guy decides to go back to his condo to find her body already cold. He must have been enjoying his beer... :o .

My point is:

1. Why murder an ex-gf you had a relationship with some years ago.

2. This girl even came over from Phuket to help him with his business there.

3. This guy is married with child.

4. Pattaya is full of women who would want this 24-year-old guy. Don't believe he is some desperate case.

5. Murdering her in his condo between 4 - 6 pm, then go to have a beer?

6. Returning and calling a friend what to do at 10 pm?

7. Leaving a strand of his hair in her hand?

8. Last but not least, also a Belgian knows Thai jail isn't exactly a party place.

The guy is locked up together with junkies, pregnant women, homeless people, even children. Food is provided by family or help organisations. The police only provides water. (his mom)

Belgian radio just reported that he has seen his first court appearance and the judge has released him on bail.

His mother is pleased to see him out of jail but still fears the court procedings probably to start next year.

In the mean time he can't leave thailand.

So what would you do in this case? Stay or Run ??

Well he can run back to belgium if they don't have an extradiction treaty with thailand. If he runs he has to go someplace that does not have such treaty, and most importantly he has to get his passport back first

So does he have his passport back is the biggie question????? If so, it will be one hairy of an escape if he leaves via bangkok or anyplace in Thailand the normal way out. The back door sort of, only way is to cross the borders on ground (just a guess) and then take off in the neighboring countries and he has to some how leave pronto once there before such discovery is made or such warrant is issued out in the process of all this scenario.

Keep in mind too he might be kept under surveilance as a precautionary measure if they get any hints of him escaping between now and then

Then again I have no idea how thailand operates in this situation. Every country is different

If he got bailed, that is good news. He now has some options to consider on his next move.

Daveyo

:o:D

Well he can run back to belgium if they don't have an extradiction treaty with thailand.  If he runs he has to go someplace that does not have such treaty, and most importantly he has to get his passport back first

So does he have his passport back is the biggie question?????  If so, it will be one hairy of an escape if he leaves via bangkok or anyplace in Thailand the normal way out.  The back door sort of, only way is to cross the borders on ground (just a guess) and then take off in the neighboring countries and he has to some how leave pronto once there before such discovery is made or such warrant is issued out in the process of all this scenario.

Keep in mind too he might be kept under surveilance as a precautionary measure if they get any hints of him escaping between now and then

Then again I have no idea how thailand operates in this situation.  Every country is different

If he got bailed, that is good news.  He now has some options to consider on his next move.

Daveyo

:D  :D

I would run actually :wub:

a Guy at my new job is a friend of the familie, they all consider him not guilty as he's a quite boy they say.

Tough decision: Do i trust the thai judicial system :D or do you run like ###### :D

if you run you're surely found guilty, if you stay probably as well . No winning for this guy anymore.

If of course he has commited the crime he should be locked up for a long time, but maybe he's only guilty of being a farang in the wrong place :o

Here's his pic and the belgian news article (sorry in dutch)

16dc4e68-2efd-49c5-9e90-dc25b525de73.jpg

De Belgische reisleider Sam Van Treeck (24) is woensdag in Thailand op borg vrijgelaten. Sams vader Marc Van Treeck kreeg daarvan om 15.00 uur de officiële bevestiging van het ministerie van Buitenlandse Zaken.

Sam Van Treeck wordt ervan verdacht zijn vroegere vriendin, de Thaise Chompoonut Koyram (23), te hebben vermoord. Zij werd gedood in zijn appartement, waar zij logeerde. De Belg ontkent. Hij was naar eigen zeggen om 18 uur gaan werken. Chompoonut bleef alleen op zijn appartement. Toen hij later op de avond terug thuis kwam, trof hij haar dood aan. Ze was met verschillende messteken om het leven gebracht. Van Treeck deed zelf de aangifte bij de politie.

Edited by Darknight
It's a well known fact that the vast majority of murders are committed by people who know their attacker.

To avoid getting murdered hang around with people you don't know.

Problem solved.

Now that is very good advice.

So to anyone who might know me it's goodbye from me (and goodbye from him also)

:o

Well Maerim?????????????????? :D:D:o Such being a figure of speech, you imply "door" into something of fire with brimstone I guess and whoopie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Magic happened and out came a fire door.

I am at a loss to explain this to our constiguents here.

Dave

Oh PS. my blueprint board has been hotwired so much I lost track of which is which. :D

I'm surprised that he got bail so quickly, isn't that unusual?

They usually let you rot in prison until the trial. :o

I think they received a lot of pressure from the belgian embassy. Foreign affairs has been on the case since the beginning.

NBN_A2TRIO_RR.MM.jpg

picture of his Lao wife and baby.

Everybody in Belgium describes him as a very soft person unable to commit this crime.

The Bail paid is over 32.000 euro without costs.

Very good newsarticle (in dutch)

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Nieuws/Detail.asp...cat=NIEUWSINDEX

He got bail as there were inconsistances in the 'evidence' against him. In the usual maner the police "lost" pages of statements, there were another 5 people who were suspects in this murder, none of them were arrested or interviewed. The police just thought they had got thier man, so stopped looking. The Belgium security attache was involved in this from the second day of his arrest and monitored the police closely. I guess the judge could see the problems with the evidence and rightly decided to let him out on bail. Murder suspects usually don't get bail, so that indicates the strength of the case against Sam.

• 2 months later...

News update:

Sam von treek has jumped bail and has fled to belgium after his wife and baby were flown over Last week.

He has put himself to the Belgian courts on arrival. He made a radio interview today on belgian Radio and Television.

Please find more facts here:

VTM (flemish television)

http://www.vtm.be/asx/vtmnieuws/vtmnieuws19uur_Za.asx

Het belang van limburg (belgian newspaper)(dutch only)

Sam Van Treeck gevlucht naar België

Onze landgenoot Sam Van Treeck, die in Thailand wordt beschuldigd van moord op de Thaise Chompoonut Koyram, is naar België gevlucht. Hij vermoedt dat er corruptie in het spel was bij het onderzoek naar de feiten.

De Belgische reisleider wordt ervan verdacht zijn vroegere 23-jarige vriendin te hebben gedood. De feiten vonden plaats in zijn appartement, waar zij logeerde. De 24-jarige Belg ontkent. Hij was naar eigen zeggen gaan werken toen zij met verschillende messteken om het leven werd gebracht.

Van Treeck was tot aan zijn proces op borg vrij, maar mocht Thailand niet verlaten in afwachting van zijn proces. Hoe hij in België raakte, wilde hij niet kwijt.

Hij vermoedde dat er corruptie in het spel was. "We hebben gezien dat het politieonderzoek en het gerechtelijk onderzoek ginder in Thailand volledig fout liepen en volledig corrupt verlopen zijn", luidde het.

Van Treeck zei ook te hebben bekeken dat Thailand en België geen uitleveringsverdrag hebben. "Ik stel me wel ter beschikking van het Belgisch gerecht".

More updates later..